Missing Items

by Eponyms

Original Post

Missing Items

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPad
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPad Pro 11 inch (2nd Generation) and iPhone 11 Pro
OS Version 14.3
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The furniture for the entire main lot is missing. Even guests that visit my home see an empty lot.
What do you expect to see? Only walls and floor coverings. No windows, doors or any furniture.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Australia
Country Australia

When update 25.0.0 was released for ‘The Sims Social’, I could not access the game due to the crashing issue, prior to that I had only a few simple glitches (ad freezing screen and other glitches), and no contents were missing. The crashing issue was present for an entire day, then update 25.0.2 was released the next day to ‘fix’ the issue... 

After finally being able to access the game, I was disappointed and shocked to see that my entire lot was empty. A lot which holds the majority of the items I purchased/won. First thing I did was check my inventory and I found nothing. Next I checked the shop. I noticed that items I had purchased for this lot were still green to indicate that I owned them. However, each had a price which meant that it wasn’t in my inventory and needed to be re-purchased. Some items were no longer in the shop at all. When I purchased the Edgewater Quay lot, this unlocked items that I couldn’t previously see in the shop. These were missing entirely. 

I contacted EA Help on that very same day where the discussion on how to fix this bug kept going around in circles for more than two weeks. Some advisors advised they did not have the “functionality to fix the error”. Another advised that the game had to be rolled back. I read other cases where games that have been rolled back have a lot of weird instances and other issues. Not to mention that this entire discussion was occurring in the midst of a few major events. The ‘fix’ provided would mean I would lose all progress and items I won/purchased after the issue occurred. Either way I’m losing a lot of things. 

This issue reminds me of a computer virus. You spend so much time, money and energy on a game where the items conveniently disappear in a split second. And you have to pay to fix it. It’s thievery. An issue that has been occurring for a long time according to other players. I read a case where items had gone missing back in 2018. Though, it wasn’t to my expense where I had an entire lot full of items go missing. These ‘computer geniuses’ have the ability to create a game but not fix such an error? Seems unlikely. They’re doing everything they can to obtain money but this isn’t the way. Losing players isn’t the way. 

I have been positing about this on every single social media outlet and I’m very close to reporting the game for suspicious activity. Very disappointing. I want to keep playing but I don’t see the point. 

Message 1 of 1 (429 Views)