Re: Missing Items

by OOTIMIZED

Original Post

Missing Items

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone X
OS Version 14.4
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Check your records...
What do you expect to see? I expect to see my items back, and compensation.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Australia
Country Australia

I have lost items in my game, the main items that have disappeared are 2x Flight of Fancy Stairs and 1x Ornate Ventana di Longing window. There may have been more but those are the main ones I noticed. I wish to receive the items I rightfully purchased back, and some compensation for the inconvenience and having to live chat for over an hour. 

Message 1 of 10 (844 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@OOTIMIZED 

Unfortunately this is an issue that we can't help you fix from the forums.

You should send in a Help Ticket from your in-game account. Advisors need mobile players to do this because in-game mobile tickets bring through needed details. Contacting by any other method will only delay support and you'll be asked to go back and send in an in-game help ticket. Also worth noting that sending in help tickets from the mobile in-game account ensures the tickets go through to the mobile advisors directly who'll be far more informed.

If you have issues accessing your game, there is an alternative for you. Make sure to provide your Player ID when explaining your problem, will make things faster!

In the case of items that belong to packs, have valid proof of purchase available for advisors. Purchases on mobile aren't made on Origin aka EA's tool, they are made on either Google Play or iTunes so in order for support to confirm that there was a payment made they will need valid proof of purchase. Once they verified the purchase they can check if the content is on the account,. If it's not the advisors will take it from there.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 2 of 10 (806 Views)

★★ Novice

I appreciate the help, however I have in fact created 3 tickets, and also done a live chat.. the guy on live chat told me to post the issue here. 

Message 3 of 10 (800 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @OOTIMIZED@SalixCat is right, this must be handled by customer support. Did you send the report of missing items through in game in the other 2 times? And did you add your player id? If you can, DM me your player id* and the cases and I will take a look but if you did not add the player ID to the case, maybe that is why your items could not be restored. For any paid items support also needs proof of purchase. 

*You can find the Player id in Settings>Help & About> About 

Message 4 of 10 (792 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi, How do I go about dming you? and yes the tickets are all about the lost items and my ID is linked.

Message 5 of 10 (774 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Hi, @OOTIMIZED, sorry to hear you are having issues. I have lots of experience with losing merchandise as well. It’s a horrible feeling, I know, like having been robbed, but if you stick with it, and stay with EA Help, in my experience customer service will come through. Keep your spirits up. There are plenty of other players who have been through just what you’re going through cheering you on. Good luck!

Message 6 of 10 (768 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks @CharlieDaisy12, I won’t give up on getting my items back, not only is it paid items but also over 60,000 simeleons worth of items, I’ve literally been robbed by EA.

Message 7 of 10 (753 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@OOTIMIZED One thing the techs at EA taught me about this, and I know, it’s a little late for this advice since your merch is already gone, but in going forward it’s always good to use your storage. I used to avoid it whenever I could, thinking actually seeing my stuff in front of me kept it safer, but no, apparently storage keeps it more reliably in the computer’s memory. And the good news is, since I’ve been doing that, my problems with losing inventory have gone way down. I was losing things practically once a month, it was really discouraging. And even though EA Help can be very good, it’s still a grind going through the whole process. Better to prevent it from happening in the first place. And that is definitely one little tip that helps. It’s not the solution, but I haven’t lost anything since I started doing it, either. 🤞🤞 🤞 Don't give up! This isn’t a fun process, but this game is worth it, guaranteed!👍😊

Message 8 of 10 (733 Views)

Hero
@OOTIMIZED Tap on the menu on the upper right corner. Then tap on your profile name, and INBOX.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 9 of 10 (713 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you all for your responses. Also I have DMed you @EA_DragonsEye, please do follow up, thanks.

Message 10 of 10 (649 Views)