Missing Heirlooms

by girl_hasnogame

Original Post

Missing Heirlooms

★ Guide

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Samsung Galaxy s9 Plus
OS Version 9
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003585194728
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Going into my game and viewing my Heirlooms, Traits, and Stories
What do you expect to see? Missing Heirlooms to be restored to my account.
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region North America
Country United States
Additional feedback 25 heirlooms are missing from my account (the actual heirloom from the inventory AND they appear locked in the "info" section of My Heirloom Collection)

I noticed I am somewhat missing 25+ heirlooms (it was 28, but I have since "earned" 3 of them again). The physical heirlooms are missing from my inventory, and appear as locked when I click "info" on it in the Heirloom Collection. However, they appear as unlocked in the Heirloom Collection before clicking "info," and I am still able to use all the traits and stories I am missing. This is inconvenient because now when I retire sims or open heirloom chests, I am getting heirlooms I already earned, and am losing out on selling them for extra tickets to earn the heirlooms that are still locked. I have been playing since the game was released, and only needed 4 more heirlooms to have them all (I am still missing: The Makeover, Tinkerer II, Tinkerer III, and Sly III). In the Heirloom Store, I noticed the game was offering me to purchase Active I even though I already own Active I, II, and III:

Active1.png

Usually it would say "Already Owned" and would not give me the option to purchase it. However, the heirloom is missing from my inventory and in my "Heirloom Collection," it shows that it is unlocked until I click "Info"

Active1a.png

ActiveTraits.png

As you can see, I have Active II and Active III fully unlocked, which I would have not been able to get without having Active I first. The error is that these "locked" heirlooms are no longer in my inventory and appear as locked when I click for info on the heirloom. Here are the 25 heirlooms I am still missing from this glitch:

LockedHeirlooms.png

And here is proof showing the heirlooms are all unlocked in my Heirloom Collection and are available as traits for my playable sims (I highlighted the Active III trait as an option, showing that I can use it even though I technically don't own Active I):

ChoosingTraits.png

HeirloomCollection.png

You can see the 4 heirlooms I have never unlocked appear grayed out and with a lock symbol next to them. However, these 25 "missing" heirlooms all appear unlocked until clicking "info." I also no longer see the physical heirlooms in my inventory. I would like for these to be added back to my game somehow, if possible, so I don't have to purchase or earn these heirlooms twice. Thank you in advance to anyone that can help me with this!

Message 1 of 9 (2,074 Views)

Re: Missing Heirlooms

★★ Apprentice

Like you I am also missing approximately 25 to 30 heirlooms, I am still trying to come up with my exact number. I have tried numerous times over the last two days to contact EA, but the only help I am receiving are word track answers that are of absolutely no help whatsoever. When I try to contact them the only option I am receiving is email, when I clearly need a phone call. I do not even receive a chat option.  There are certain relationships that I have no access to whatsoever, but I know I have earned them. Does anyone know how I can at least call EA?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you. 

Message 2 of 9 (1,888 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I too had this problem! the traits are unlocked in my heirloom collection but I lost a lot of the physical charms! Sims Mobile team please investigate this and provide some sort of compensation PLEASE!

Message 3 of 9 (1,363 Views)

★ Novice

I'm with the same problem. I've contacted the support and they are saying it's a connexion problem... I'm very disappointed 

Message 4 of 9 (1,163 Views)

★ Novice
@ckdjo Did you get any feedback?
Message 5 of 9 (1,161 Views)

★★ Novice
@girl_hasnogame this is what happened to me too, contacted EA back and forth 3 times, no uses, stupid, and useless. Not helpful at all. WTF, my problems existed and I don't think it's gonna be fix
Message 6 of 9 (959 Views)

★ Apprentice

Had the same thing happen at least once, most recently on Friday Dec 4.

I hadn't managed my heirlooms in a while so I didn't expect so many duplicates (see attached screenshot) and automatically sold them, but now I can see that was a mistake.

I don't remember the precise sequence of events leading to the bug but I think I had just attended a party where the host had lots of heirlooms out. If I were to view my own heirloom list while at a party, could the game have mistakenly counted the host's displayed heirlooms as part of my own?

Message 7 of 9 (789 Views)

Hero
@Osalo Yes, when attending a party or just viewing another player’s house shows your heirlooms as duplicates if there are heirlooms on that player’s house.

This issue has been going on for a year at least now (since the neighborhood update?) and I’m sad to see that the studio has not resolved the issue or even made it so that players cannot sell their heirlooms (and stop offering same heirlooms in the store or the heirloom boxes). Or acknowledged the issue and communicated to players that do not sell the duplicates unless you are 100% sure that they actually are duplicates.

Losing (rare) items so easily in this game is a major issue.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 8 of 9 (783 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thanks for confirming it @Ilois4!!

Message 9 of 9 (754 Views)