Missing Grand Arena event

★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? LG G2
OS Version Android 8.0
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 394-553-683
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug I am unable to participate in the current Grand Arena event...when I try to enter, the game says "No Grand Arena events are active at this time"
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States

I am unable to participate in the current Grand Arena event...when I try to enter, the game says "No Grand Arena events are active at this time"

screenshot.PNG
Message 1 of 9 (698 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Missing Grand Arena event

Hello @double0gold and thanks for the report!

The current Grand Arena event had its Signup period on 12/28. The Signup period lasted for 24 hours, and then players were assigned into 8-player pools and then seeded into their Grand Arenas. It appears that you did not sign up during that 24 hour period, so you will have to wait until the next GA.

The current GA should end approximately 1600 Central US Time on 1/4/19 (approximately 54.5 hours from now) - at which point there will be a 24 hour review period. The January event calendar has not yet been released, so we do not know when the next Grand Arena is scheduled to start.

Please keep your eye on the "Dev Announcements and News" section of the Forums for the January Event Calendar, as well as any other relevant information!

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/categories/news-and-announcements-

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (667 Views)

All Replies

Hello @double0gold and thanks for the report!

The current Grand Arena event had its Signup period on 12/28. The Signup period lasted for 24 hours, and then players were assigned into 8-player pools and then seeded into their Grand Arenas. It appears that you did not sign up during that 24 hour period, so you will have to wait until the next GA.

The current GA should end approximately 1600 Central US Time on 1/4/19 (approximately 54.5 hours from now) - at which point there will be a 24 hour review period. The January event calendar has not yet been released, so we do not know when the next Grand Arena is scheduled to start.

Please keep your eye on the "Dev Announcements and News" section of the Forums for the January Event Calendar, as well as any other relevant information!

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/categories/news-and-announcements-

★★ Novice

When did the sign-up period for the current GA start? I play daily and check in multiple times per day, and don't remember seeing anything.

Message 3 of 9 (664 Views)
Highlighted

The signup period started on 12/28 and lasted until 12/29. Some players report that the little "event circle" on the right-hand side of their screen does not always appear during the Signup period.

I highly recommend keeping an eye on the Event Calendar for the month, and getting your guild to help each other out. I'm a Guild Leader, and I always update the in-game banner plus send a Discord tag to my guild to let them know when a signup period starts.

★★ Novice

Do you what times it occurred from and until on those days?

Message 5 of 9 (655 Views)

Looks like all times for Grand Arena events are ~1600 Central US Time.

★★★ Novice

I don’t have a Grand Arena event and from what I’m hearing, it’s the 3rd round already. Can someone please help?

EDCA8B7A-B087-4D56-BBF3-24F9B560C0A2.png
Message 7 of 9 (634 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I never seen a signup for Grand Arena. Can someone please show me a screenshot of that?! I’ve participated in 2 or 3 and I never had to hit join/enter for those, so what is different about this one?

Message 8 of 9 (632 Views)

Hi, it looks very similar to a Territory War signup. Right now we are setting defenses in round 3 of the current Grand Arena. Once a GA is joined, that "join" is to get you into the 3 rounds, so there is no need to join in between rounds.

It is also impossible to insert you into a GA after it starts, because all of the matchmaking is completed.

The next Grand Arena is scheduled to have the Preview/Join phase begin on 1/25.