Re: Missing Apartment Building??

by crinrict

Original Post

Missing Apartment Building??

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? The most recent one I believe.
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs, spa day, vampires, dine out, parenthood, outdoor retreat, dream house decorator, realm of magic, cool kitchen stuff, laundry day, perfect patio, and toddler stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into San Myshuno and click on the "Alto Apartments" in Uptown.
What happens when the bug occurs? My building completely disappears, not just the furniture but the ENTIRE BUILDING????
What do you expect to see? I expect to see my apartment building and it's furniture, I didn't pay for 40 dollars to not be able to access one of my buildings.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I turned off my CC and it still didn't work, and so I turned it back on. I'd prefer not to have to turn it off again as the problem didn't occur the second I got CC.

Message 1 of 4 (1,109 Views)

Hero
@donutlover4183 Did you turn off your cc before the issue happened or after ?

There's probably not much you can do other than reload a backup. Removing the cc won't get the building back unless you try before it happened.

It's potentially related to this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Houses-Lots-disappear/td-p/4620279/jump-to/first-unread-m... so do you have other houses disappearing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (1,080 Views)

★★ Novice

I tried removing CC but it still didn't work, so it can't be that. The apartment also worked for a little bit when I had CC. If you don't mind me asking what do you mean by reload a backup?

Message 3 of 4 (1,047 Views)

Hero
@donutlover4183 Go back to an older save before the issue occurred

The game makes automatic updates so maybe you're lucky and one still has the buildings

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/recover-backup-save-game/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (1,031 Views)