Miscalculated GAC score

★★★ Newbie

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPhone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? iPhone 8 Plus
OS Version 14.3
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 174-238-361
What type of issue do you have? Missing Rewards
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Summarize your bug I think GAC calculated my score incorrectly. I won each of my matches without a loss and completely cleared the board. I even completed some teams with an undersized squad so I got extra points for those. My opponent scored 2097 and lost one match. I scored 2075 with no losses. The only thing I can think is that a win was not credited. I don’t know how that score could be so low with a full clear without any losses.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Look up the scoring history for each battle and determine if one was missed.
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region North America
Country USA

I have attached 3 screenshots: 1 of the score and a couple of battles (I couldn’t attach all of them because it only let me attach 3 screenshots). 

BC0DCD2E-2354-496D-B734-A8C8440505C9.jpeg
4AE8121F-0CE4-4031-B03A-ED26B601C6F1.jpeg
7756C8D5-614A-415B-B4A5-47B27F1E199E.jpeg
Message 1 of 9 (573 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Miscalculated GAC score

[ Edited ]
EA Live QV Team

Hi @AcesDadNC 

We have taken a look at this and your scores per match have broke down as follows (not counting points for setting defense and clearing zones/territories of 1580):

• 65 - Ship
  • 68 - Ship

You opponent had the following scores (not counting points for setting defense and clearing zones/territories of 1580):

• 25 35
  • 64 - Ship
  • 70 - Ship

You scored 495 and your opponent scored 517. Even though they lost a battle, they scored higher on average. The score was calculated correctly.

View in thread

Message 8 of 9 (514 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

It's possible that despite your opponent's one loss, they just may have played the other battles more efficiently, using more undersized squads than you and ending with more protection. Also, maybe they made up points by playing ships more efficiently and not using reinforcements where you filled more reinforcement slots, for example.

You can always wait until swgoh.gg GAC history comes up for this week to see what you each did (though keep in mind that ship banner reporting is currently bugged on that feature; though you can still see reinforcements used and remaining protection, etc.)

Message 2 of 9 (564 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Also, just a side note: Did you double check that you set all defenses?

Message 3 of 9 (558 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I’m not dissing the opponent at all. His score is what I would expect for a 1 loss clear. 

I just wasn’t expecting my score to be so low. A remedy would be for CG to show a breakdown of all points if you clicked on the point value. 

Message 4 of 9 (554 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes, I did set all defenses. 

Message 5 of 9 (553 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Do you remember about how many banners you were averaging? It's possible to get that score if your opponent's defenses gave you more of a run for your money than you're used to.

I don't want to knock you either because you have a good roster and arena ranks, so this is not your first rodeo. I suppose someone from CG could check your score if they were inclined, but it doesn't seem likely that you would've gotten a wrong score unless you experienced a connection issue. Do you recall any crashes happening?

Message 6 of 9 (536 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

No, I didn’t have connection issues. I talked to a guild mate that indicated there had been rare instances of a character like 3PO or Hermit not leaving battle in time if the battle took longer. In those cases, the victory was not counted. So he suggested to post it here and maybe they can check.  

He agreed that this score is very low for a full clear with no losses. 

Message 7 of 9 (531 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Live QV Team

Hi @AcesDadNC 

We have taken a look at this and your scores per match have broke down as follows (not counting points for setting defense and clearing zones/territories of 1580):

• 65 - Ship
  • 68 - Ship

You opponent had the following scores (not counting points for setting defense and clearing zones/territories of 1580):

• 25 35
  • 64 - Ship
  • 70 - Ship

You scored 495 and your opponent scored 517. Even though they lost a battle, they scored higher on average. The score was calculated correctly.

Message 8 of 9 (515 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ok. Thanks for checking. 

Message 9 of 9 (488 Views)