Re: Mirage skydivung tactical bugged

by EA_David

Original Post

Mirage skydive decoys don't deploy (OLD1)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? XanderMck
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Mirage
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Skydiving
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Skydiving off drop ship
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 0
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Minor impact to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Mirages tactical ability used when skydiving is bugged. Decoys no longer are directed at reticle they drop almost straight down from where you deploy them
What should be happening instead? Decoys should fly where reticle points
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Be mirage. Deploy from drop ship. Deploy decoys while skydiving. Watch where they land

It doesn't have major implications but you can no loger use the tactical to fool other teams off drop ship making it a useless ability

DYSPROssium edit: Updated formatting of title/body.

Message 1 of 12 (1,237 Views)

Community Manager

@OKaysional  Thanks, I just tested this myself and it's not working the same on PC either. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 12 (1,215 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Seems to only happen when not the jumpmaster. When playing as jump master it works as intended like before the patch

Message 3 of 12 (1,198 Views)

Community Manager

I did notice that myself when I got some games in after work.

I think the line from the Known Issues list addresses this. 

Mirage clones sometimes appearing behind the player and die prematurely.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Known-Issues-Post-Patch-1-2/m-p/7923599

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 12 (1,183 Views)

Mirage jump copies going wrong direction

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number gtx1080
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Shockr88TV
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Airborne
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Initial drop, not jumpmaster
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? several
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 7.6.19 ~16:00
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What happens when the bug occurs? Mirage Copies go in unintended direction
What should be happening instead? not that.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? launch copies in air while not jumpmaster

Kept noticing my copies on the initial jump were disappearing.. turns out they're going the wrong direction.  noticed it one match, tested the next match as jumpmaster, they behaved normally. 2 additional attempts after that, not as jumpmaster, the copies flew in an entirely different direction from the one I was facing.

Vid of it happening, they fade quickly out of range.

https://youtu.be/TfXSL1olzuk

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/435872811

Message 5 of 12 (946 Views)

Mirage decoys from dropship goes way of course

★★ Novice

Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GTX1060
Enter RAM memory size in GB 24
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? g3tschw1fty
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Miirage
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. jumping down from dropship
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Using decoys at drop
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 0
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 13.06.2019 12:25 CET
What happens when the bug occurs? Mirage decoys that are used during drop to bamboozle other teams to thinking the drop spot is more heavily loaded, shoot of in weird directions and not towards your center reticle.
What should be happening instead? Prior patch made them shoot towards your center reticle.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? try using mirage during drop with his decoys

Anyone else noticed that Mirage decoys used when you drop from dropship, shoot of in weird directions, not were you are "aiming"?

Message 6 of 12 (963 Views)

Re: Mirage decoys from dropship goes way of course

Community Manager

I noticed this myself when I checked, thanks for the post. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 7 of 12 (951 Views)

Re: Mirage jump copies going wrong direction

Community Manager

@Shockr88TV 

Thanks for the report! I suppose the bright side out of this is that they went in a different direction than where you were dropping. 

Blueberry.png
Message 8 of 12 (927 Views)

Mirage decoys while dropping

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? xXWEEDBOSSXx
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. Anyone i play with
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Any
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. In air after drop from jumpship
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Dropping to map from jumpship
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? Multiple
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) June/20/2019
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What happens when the bug occurs? Ill be dropping from jumpship and I've been using mirage since the start. Paid for him and it was my best decision. Lately everytime i jump and use the decoys to spoke the enemies they would go backwards or right. Any people say they can even see it. This started happening after the recent update
What should be happening instead? It should be controlled and visible
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Maybe set up a random account and try pit mirage. Im not sure if it happens to anyone else. But I expect that i never see any other decoys while jumping it might.

This doesn't effect my gameplay just would be nice to have it fixed.

Message 9 of 12 (999 Views)

Mirage dropship decoys deploy in random directions when not jumpmaster

★★★ Newbie

Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Envy_SS_70
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. squad make up doesn't affect issue
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? squad make up doesn't affect issue
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. sky - drop ship through falling to ground
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. falling from the drop ship at the beginning of the game
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? started after the update just before season 2 started (before update worked as intended)
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) occurred after the update just before season 2 started
What happens when the bug occurs? while deploying decoys they shoot off in random direction, usually straight out to sea.
What should be happening instead? they should shoot off in the direction the view is pointing (towards cursor/aim dot)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? This bug is only present as follows: you must pick Mirage, you must NOT be the jump master (but still part of the group). In this situation the decoys shoot off randomly. However, If you ARE jump master OR separate from the group (essentially becoming jump master) then the decoys shoot off in the aimed direction. The problem lies in the code for Mirage ONLY when following the jump master.

This should be more than adequate to ascertain the location of the erroneous code.   

Message 10 of 12 (953 Views)