by LowTi3rG0d

Original Post

Mirage L1 sometimes not working while skydiving from dropship

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4 Slim
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? FB_Equalizer
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. FB_ryugaa
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Mirage
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Wraith
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. While skydiving from the Dropship
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. I was spamming L1 while skydiving after jumping iut of the Dropship
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 1-3 matches
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) Since mid Season 3 (start of second split) Berlin Timezone
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
How severe is your issue? Minor impact to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? It says L1 to Decoy but I can not use my Decoys while skydiving from the dropship at the start of the game. I either can't use it at all or right befor I land. This Bug has been around since Season 3.
What should be happening instead? It should instantly create decoys upon pressing L1 after jumping from the Dropship
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In a Public match using Mirage and Trying to press L1 (Sometimes it works sometimes it does not)

Mirage L1 Bug while Skydiving from a Dropship

Message 1 of 5 (288 Views)

Re: Mirage L1 sometimes not working while skydiving from dropship

★★ Novice

I think there has to be a certain distance between your character and the ground for the decoy attempt to be valid. 

If you’re dropping almost vertical to the ground it won’t work, but if you’re at an angle with enough distance between you and the location you’re dropping, it works as expected. 

Message 2 of 5 (266 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@LowTi3rG0d this issue is there before the update ,i'v been suffering from this from a very long time but i don't use mirage that much i didn't bother to talk about it
@BennyDixon90 it don't have anything with distance when it happen as i keep pressing for decoy from the drop ship to the ground but it doesn't work

Message 3 of 5 (233 Views)

★ Guide
@LowTi3rG0d This has been a problem for a while. I'm on Xbox.
Message 4 of 5 (211 Views)

★★ Novice

I have mained Mirage this season and have no issues with the decoy from the dropship at all other than what I have mentioned above.

I am almost certain the angle which you drop at dictates whether it is successful or not, as I play often enough with this character to have noticed a difference between said angles. 

Perhaps it’s trial and error, I’m speaking from me own personal experience. 

Message 5 of 5 (191 Views)