Mirage Decoy Run Post Control Relinquish

★ Apprentice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number N/A
Enter RAM memory size in GB N/A
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? AZNRAVERGIRL
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. AZNRAVERGIRL
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? MIRAGE
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? MIRAGE
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. ALL MAPS
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Controlling Mirage Decoys
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 1
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 6/62021 PST
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Minor impact to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Mirage decoy does not run forward after releasing decoy control while holding forward
What should be happening instead? Mirage decoy should be running forward after releasing decoy control while holding forward?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? While Standing: Deploy decoy, allow decoy to reach its destination in front of you, take control of decoy, relinquish decoy control while holding down forward movement button, decoy does not continue to run forward. Meanwhile While Crouched: Deploy decoy, allow decoy to reach its destination in front of you, take control of decoy, relinquish decoy control while holding down forward movement button, decoy continues to crouch walk forward.

Posting this again since people have been reporting this since Season 5 (I can't help but wonder if this would be fixed ASAP if it was Wraith) 

Mirage Decoy's do not run forward after you relinquish control of them while standing up; note that this is possible to do while crouched.

Video of the issue

Side note for the Mirage community: I have also found a way to trick the game into doing it, however I'm still trying to figure out how to reproduce it perfectly.

Message 1 of 5 (322 Views)

Re: Mirage Decoy Run Post Control Relinquish

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

ANDDDDDDDDDDDDD I figured out the workaround finally. 

While in control of a decoy and running forward, you need to jump and then release control, take control, and release control again. For whatever reason, the game is accepting the "make decoy continue to run forward following release of control" command only when its being given in mid air, or so it seems. 

Message 2 of 5 (306 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Bumping this as it’s still ongoing and would appreciate clarification around whether or not it’s working as intended. If so, I understand, but then raises the question of why it’s not an issue when controlling a crouched decoy.

It’s not a game breaking bug, but the ability to send decoys out, re position their direction and then send them out to run further forward is incredibly useful in diamond+ ranked for baiting far away teams to reveal their locations. On top of that, it allows you to keep a decoy free should you need to deploy one in an emergency. 

Message 3 of 5 (259 Views)

★ Apprentice

Bumping this again, would love a response on a fix rather than a new skin on the current seasons battle pass.

Message 4 of 5 (231 Views)

★ Apprentice

Bumping again, still no reply. Pls respond 

Message 5 of 5 (194 Views)