Re: Minimizing the Game forces FIFA to disconnect from an online match

by bhardwajcr7

Original Post

★★★★★ Newbie

Same thing here. Just happened (10/21/2016) when I was playing an online match. Just an Origin notification and then disconnection- lose of the match.

Maybe the 20th time that this thing happened to me. So annoying.EA!

Message 11 of 22 (5,570 Views)

★★ Novice

This is like a BETA GAME wtf EA?! GO * YOURSELF EASPORTS!

Message 12 of 22 (5,542 Views)

★ Novice

Same. I was just playing and I was leading this guy 3-1 and in the 90th minute I press the minimize button. Automatic DNF. It was just an accident. There is no cheating involved when you switch focus off the tab; if anything it makes you play worse. This developer's decision is trash.

Message 13 of 22 (5,474 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem

Message 14 of 22 (5,459 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

If you wanna laugh...

this issue happens to me WITHOUT ANY REASON.

The game just switches to windowed mode on its own;

no alert, no notification, no window message; nothing whatsoever.

It just does it whenever he likes to.

Of course I get DNF and of course I get VERY angry.

Message 15 of 22 (5,422 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Happens to me also, it changes focus for no reason, especially last two months. Because of this happening to me every * match i just got relegated from division 2 to division 5.

Message 16 of 22 (5,261 Views)

★★★ Newbie

literally can't play because of how much it happens, the exact same happens...

Message 17 of 22 (5,158 Views)

★★ Novice

It is annoying as hell when you lose due to when you minimise the game focus on accident or when you forget it is not allowed in fifa 18.

Just make sure that you disable any program that shows popup messages out of nothing or what steals the focus from the game randomly.

In the last 10 seasons playing online I did only get disconnected one time when I removed the hdmi cabel and forget it forces fifa 18 game to lose.

If a program pops up unwanted it is spyware, you should simply remove it or change its settings.

anti virus programs are most known for their aggresive style of stealing the focus randomly. i reccomend just to use the default windows defender as anti virus. it is free, works perfect and it not aggresive with popup messages. Aswell there are virusses that are not seen by anti virus programs, and there are safe programs that are seen as virusses by anti virus programs. I really hate anti virus programs since they are * anyway.

Of course is freaking annoying that people cant even minimise their focus from fifa 18, but from the other side cheaters would be way more annoying and bad for the online fifa 18 community so afterall I believe its a good decision of EA. It would not stop all cheaters/hackers but for sure a big percentage of the total gets reduces with this.

PC gaming has pros and *, you have more possibilities and freedom, but from the otherside for hackers/cheaters it is much easyer.

Afterall PC gaming is still better since u dont have to play online subscription every month, pc exclusive addons/mods for games, better graphics, more possiblities, and more

Message 18 of 22 (5,032 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, go to settings when fifa 1st loads and in the options it will say full screen look to the left and it will say windowed select this option Standard smile

Message 19 of 22 (4,881 Views)

★ Apprentice

Exactly this happens with me too! I feel like burning down the EA office when it happens!

Message 20 of 22 (4,408 Views)