Minimap right clicking does not work

by RainbowEvil

Original Post

Minimap right clicking does not work

★★ Novice

Product: Command & Conquer Remastered
Platform:Steam-PC
Summarize your bug When right click for unit command mode is used in Tiberian Dawn, right clicking on the minimap does not command units to that location - instead I have to left click to move the screen to that location and then right click on the terrain. When in left click command mode, left clicking on the minimap commands the units there as expected, and when playing Red Alert in right click command mode, right clicking on the minimap works.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play Tiberian Dawn Enable Right Mouse Attack/Move Button option Play a skirmish or campaign mission and get the minimap building Try right clicking to direct a unit in the minimap - it will not work.
What happens when the bug occurs? Cannot use right click on the minimap - the cursor changes depending on what is being hovered over, but right clicking does nothing.
What do you expect to see? Units being directed to the point right clicked in the minimap.

Makes playing competitively with right mouse click option much less effective.

Message 1 of 4 (1,033 Views)

Re: Minimap right clicking does not work

★★ Novice

Does anyone from Petroglyph check this forum?

Message 2 of 4 (904 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@RainbowEvil hey Buddy, the game is remastered and not a complete new game, so there may be a few limitation based on "how severe it is?", also the game engine have few limitation of its own, so some minor & low impact once may be present. Also, trying to fix it may result in some complication or impact to the game badly in other parts of the game.

I can understand that, " playing the game with right click mode may have cause a little inefficiency".
Message 3 of 4 (881 Views)

★★★ Novice

@RainbowEvil I saw this issues as well, I think it's tied to right click scrolling for some reason.  Try enabling "right click scrolling" and see if you can use orders on the mini-map. 

I've not had issues and didn't realize this until my buddy was complaining about it. If this is the case it's probably worth a bug report about "right click scrolling."

I'm just an ancient C&C player so I apologize if this doesn't help!

Message 4 of 4 (733 Views)