Military Might Challenge Tier 2 has suddenly become much, much harder.

by andytom1999

Original Post

Military Might Challenge Tier 2 has suddenly become much, much harder.

★★★ Newbie

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Samsung Galaxy S20
OS Version 10
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 913-811-174
What type of issue do you have? Other
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug  Last few times of Military Might I could complete Challenge Tier 2, each time, in only a few tries. This time Dec 29-30th, it has become impossible, despite having strengthened my Rebel squad considerably. I have wasted hours trying to complete it, and invested considerable in game resources strengthening my squad, to no avail. I've asked the guild, and others are having the same issue, and are also unable to complete challenge T2 this time.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Either look at the Rebel squad I'm playing with, try to pass it yourselves, or skip all of that and put it back to how it was. People have invested resources and cash in this game, and now it appears EA are moving the goalposts. Re below I have the same issue on both mobile data and wi fi.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country UK

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Samsung Galaxy 20
OS Version 10
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 973-811-174
What type of issue do you have? Other
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug Last few times of Military Might I could complete Challenge Tier 2, each time, in only a few tries. This time Dec 29-30th, it has become impossible, despite having strengthened my Rebel squad considerably. I have wasted hours trying to complete it, and invested considerable in game resources strengthening my squad, to no avail. I've asked the guild, and others are having the same issue, and are also unable to complete challenge T2 this time.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Either look at the Rebel squad I'm playing with, try to pass it yourselves, or skip all of that and put it back to how it was. People have invested resources and cash in this game, and now it appears EA are moving the goalposts. Re below I have the same issue on both mobile data and wi fi.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country UK

Message 1 of 6 (336 Views)

Re: Military Might Challenge Tier 2 has suddenly become much, much harder.

@andytom1999 There has been no changes made to the event.

Are you sure you have completed tier 2 before (do you have stars on that tier)? What team composition are you using?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 6 (328 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes I have completed Challenge T2, because Challenge T3 is unlocked.   That aside as its been a massive outlay relic-ing my rebel squad to complete it, I am more than aware of my previous hard won tribulations.  My squad has managed to complete it at least the last 2 to 3 previous times.   Not this time though.

The issue is not one of tactics, the issue is that Challenge T2 has suddenly become much harder.   Other's in my guild have reported the same issue.

Its now impossible for me to complete, despite having a much stronger squad.

Message 3 of 6 (312 Views)

Hero (Retired)

It could just be RNG. Yesterday I beat challenge III on the first try, today it took me three tries to get past wave 4 without losing anyone, then I 3* it.

Challenge tier II, however, I put on auto and the AI had no problems.

Message 4 of 6 (301 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Looking at the profile associated with the ally code you provided--what team are you using? I find it hard to believe you could beat challenge tier II without C-3PO. 

At any rate, try changing R2's triangle and cross for primaries that can actually be shared by Number Crunch, such as health, offense, or protection. Before my 3PAC was 7*, I found that R2 having a lot of protection especially helped him survive Challenge Tier II.

I would change Han's cross for offense primary. There's no real reason he needs potency--really, anyone with Chewbacca there, as Chewbacca gives Tenacity Down on his basic. I would try to find 6* offense primaries as well, for both the cross and square, and maybe the arrow if you think you can spare the speed. I also personally put a speed set on CLS so he can give the whole team tm more quickly.

Message 5 of 6 (296 Views)

Hero (Retired)

If you were beating it before, it's also possible that in adding relic levels to your characters, you inadvertently changed who the Guarded ally is. So someone who was getting their protection constantly restored by Chewbacca (not to mention the crit immunity) no longer has those benefits.

Message 6 of 6 (292 Views)