Re: Mid-century Sweet Treat showdown is missing

by SalixCat

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mid-century Sweet Treat showdown is missing

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPad
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPad Pro 11 2020, iPhone 11 2020, CoolPad Legacy
OS Version 13
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Sweet Treat Showdown competition area is missing
What do you expect to see? A Sweet Treat Showdown competition area in front of cafe.
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region North America
Country United States
Additional feedback I have been experiencing this for over a week. I purchased a Super Pro Ticket which I’m unable to use.

The Sweet Treat showdown competition area is missing so I can’t play Mid-Century Showdown. I purchased a Super Pro Ticket which I can’t use.

Message 1 of 7 (687 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @Cyborg7ofDrone9,

Thanks for creating bug reports on this and including screenshots. A quick heads up, we try to keep details on issues in one space/thread so I've removed the other bug report and will use this thread to continue this conversation.

The Studio are aware of this issue and they are working to fix it. In the meantime, a possible workaround that worked for another player missing STS playing area and who also had a stuck sim were these steps:

- Send the stuck sim into a short event to get the sugar cubes to pop up.
- Click the basket icon next to the sugar cubes
- Select the 'forfeit' button in the bottom right corner

If your sim is also stuck, this may work for you too.

Regarding the Super pro-ticket, while we can't refund iOS purchases on behalf of Apple, we can offer you the SimCash (in-game currency) equivalent of that purchase. If that sounds like something you'd like to go ahead with, please update your Help Ticket with the support team and they'll sort that out for you.

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

View in thread

Message 4 of 7 (596 Views)

All Replies

★★ Apprentice

In this screen shot there is a sculpture, benches and trees like normal when there is no STS. But in mine there is no sculpture, benches or trees. It's like the STS is there but I can't see it. It's really frustrating because I want to compete in the Mid-Century Modern competition.

Message 2 of 7 (651 Views)

Hero
@Cyborg7ofDrone9 What app version do you have?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 3 of 7 (625 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @Cyborg7ofDrone9,

Thanks for creating bug reports on this and including screenshots. A quick heads up, we try to keep details on issues in one space/thread so I've removed the other bug report and will use this thread to continue this conversation.

The Studio are aware of this issue and they are working to fix it. In the meantime, a possible workaround that worked for another player missing STS playing area and who also had a stuck sim were these steps:

- Send the stuck sim into a short event to get the sugar cubes to pop up.
- Click the basket icon next to the sugar cubes
- Select the 'forfeit' button in the bottom right corner

If your sim is also stuck, this may work for you too.

Regarding the Super pro-ticket, while we can't refund iOS purchases on behalf of Apple, we can offer you the SimCash (in-game currency) equivalent of that purchase. If that sounds like something you'd like to go ahead with, please update your Help Ticket with the support team and they'll sort that out for you.

- EA_Lanna

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 4 of 7 (597 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

That's correct. I've been playing STS and I'm forced to forfeit at which point I receive 5 tokens to use towards STS prizes. Unfortunately, this doesn't fix the bug. Only EA can put the STS event area on my device.

@EA_Lanna 

"Regarding the Super pro-ticket, while we can't refund iOS purchases on behalf of Apple, we can offer you the SimCash (in-game currency) equivalent of that purchase. If that sounds like something you'd like to go ahead with, please update your Help Ticket with the support team and they'll sort that out for you." 

How do I update my Help Ticket with the support team to receive my Sim Cash for the Super Pro ticket I purchased but am unable to use?

Message 5 of 7 (562 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

version 21.0.0.94835 / 94835 + 95169 (Android on ARM64) (iPhone on ARM64)

1.0.0.94835 / 94835 + 95169 (iPhone on ARM64)

Phone on ARM64) 

@SalixCat 

Message 6 of 7 (553 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @Cyborg7ofDrone9,

You can update your cases through your 'My Cases' tab on the help.ea.com site. If in doubt though, please just send in a new ticket from your TSM account and refer to the older one, it'll achieve the same purpose.

This link will show how to send in a ticket form your TSM account: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/How-to-contact-support-for-The-Sims-Mobile/m-p/6773411#M2...

Thanks,

EA_Lanna

Message 7 of 7 (500 Views)