Mg1917 Accuracy bug

by MagnaCarge

Original Post

Mg1917 Accuracy bug

★★ Novice

Product: Battlefield 1
Platform:PC
Summarize your bug The mg1917 and the benet mercie are fireing very inaccurate sometimes. youre not able to hit an enemy 5 metres infront of you. (in my case the 1st three rounds missed, wich caused my death)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start fireing from the hip and aim directly without stopping to shoot
What happens when the bug occurs? the mg and the benet mercie Keep the accuracy from the hip
Please select your region Europe
In what game mode did the bug occur? Team Deathmatch
AMD or Nvidia Model Number
Enter RAM memory size in GB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdgCBDWZXs0

Message 1 of 4 (709 Views)

Re: Mg1917 Accuracy bug

Community Manager

@MagnaCarge Hey, as I understand this is working as intended, since the "TTK patch" moving from hip-fire to ADS is a big no-no.

Essentially the LMGs aren't for running and gunning at anything more than extreme close range, and this change ensures that LMG users are ADS-ing first if they want to win a fight.

That said this could be a misunderstanding on my part and I'll run it by QA to be sure. 

Thank you for the post. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 4 (654 Views)

★★ Novice
I found it out a day after I posted it. But at the new mechanic, I see a problem. In CC you haven't the time to think much. If an assault surprises me, I don't want to get killed because I started shooting a millisecond before I aimed. I suggest to reduce the effect a bit or the time is crucial how inaccurate the lmg gets. It's nothing what I call well balanced (or right balanced) how it is now.
Message 3 of 4 (635 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Yeah it's pretty extreme as it is. Obviously a scoped LMG is suboptimal for CC, but I've been taken down a few times myself when I felt I really should have won. It's hard to feel too bad though, the Mg1917 is pretty beastly in its intended role. 

Thanks for the feedback, we'll include it in our reports (and not just because I agree with it Standard smile)

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 4 (628 Views)