by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mermaid tail glitch when in bathtub

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.82.99.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? city living island living eco lifestyle cottage living get together get to work seasons cats and dogs parenthood outdoor retreat spa day vampires dine out dream home decorator luxury party backyard nifty knitting moshino vintage glamour paranormal tiny living laundry day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When putting mermaid in the bath
What happens when the bug occurs? try to put mermaid sim in bathtub but is Tail glitching/doesnt look right
What do you expect to see? to put mermaid sim in bath and no glitches to tail to happen
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have attached screenshoots here of what is happening in my game, as you can see the tail is glitched or something. I don't know what is making this happen. I did have CC which was making the mermaid sim put pants on over tail in bathtub, I removed ALL my CC and mod file from my game and then came across this glitch after doing so. I dont know how long this glitch has been happening as Ive just recently got Island Living.

Any help would be much appreciated 

Message 1 of 5 (1,565 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Mermaid tail glitch when in bathtub

Hero

Hi @Evie_MacDonald22 

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • ConfigOverride, if you have your own configuration files.
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (1,477 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@Evie_MacDonald22 Is your mermaid a hybrid ? Have you tested other mermaids ? Did you delete the localthumbcache file after removing your mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (1,544 Views)

★★★ Novice

No mermaid hybrids, It was happening in one of my saves where she was wearing a pair of pants and shoes over her tail in the bathtub so took out my mods folder and created a new save in game to test it out and that's where the screenshots are from and the tail is glitching and no still have that file in my sims 4 folder.

Message 3 of 5 (1,502 Views)

Hero

Hi @Evie_MacDonald22 

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • ConfigOverride, if you have your own configuration files.
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (1,478 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Mermaid tail legs glitch (fix)

Hello! this glitch still commonly happens but I found another best way to solve it if you have tried any other method and still didn't fix it.  You just have to remove the occult trait and re-add it back in, it reset the sims occult status and fixes the tail problems.

Hopes it helps Party hat

Message 5 of 5 (1,019 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help