Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number AMD Vega 56 AMD ryzen 2700
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Game Menu
In which game menu were you when the bug occurred? All of them
Please select your region Europe
On which server did this happen? Any
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 26.11.2018 22:00
Summarize your bug Any of the menus/post game menus are more intensive and stressful on my system than the actual game. Especially on the cpu, im seeing temperatures 5-10 degrees celcius higher on the menus than I am in a 64 player game, this is bizzare and I dont understand how this even works, how is a menu more stressful than the game. I can't even browse through the menus for very long as the high temps make my fans sound like a jet engine and I worry about my cpu's health considering battlefield already pushes cpu's to their limit, having even higher temps is not fun. https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/a0cf50/is_the_wraith_prism_that_comes_with_the_2700x/eah0czp/?... proof it's happening on other systems.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Launch the game. Sit in menu. May only be experienced on amd systems.
What happens when the bug occurs? Temperatures higher than in a match itself, can only assume this means extra stress on the system, worrying that the menus are more stressful than the game.
What should be happening instead? There is no way a menu should be more intensive than a game, temps should be a bit above idle, pushing into warm territory, not full load.

I think this should seriously be looked into, worrying that it is happening imo.

Message 1 of 4 (340 Views)

Re: Menu's more intensive than the game itself, seeing higher temps, especially

★ Guide
there should be more graphic settings. than we would have more options
Message 2 of 4 (309 Views)

★★★ Novice

Agree, this could easily be fixed by allowing us to turn down the menus background stuff.

Message 3 of 4 (303 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the exact same problem.  In the menus my cpu temps are through the roof... I game all day every day. No game puts my cpu temp this high.  Just the menus alone my cpu is 15 degrees hotter than any other games.  At max load my cpu is usually around 60 degrees.  I'm hitting 75 degrees in the menus alone.  During gameplay its fine... but before game and after game screens my system panics.  I'm using an i7 8700k, liquid cooled, everything is up to date.  No temp problems with any other game... not even close.

Message 4 of 4 (285 Views)