Original Post

Accepted Solution

Menu cursor is extremely glitchy

★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One X
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? DJPhatjamz
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. This occurs any time the menu cursor is being used, both in game and out of game.
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Using menus
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? A lot
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) About a week ago
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? The circular menu cursor jumps around while trying to move it, making it extremely difficult to use the inventory menu in game.
What should be happening instead? It should be stable
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have no idea. I’m not sure that anyone else is having this issue.

This issue has persisted for roughly a week now. 

Here are video links, as it would not allow me to upload the videos from my files:

In-game menu:

https://vimeo.com/382917985 

Main menu: 

https://vimeo.com/382918115 

Message 1 of 9 (9,240 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Menu cursor is extremely glitchy

★★★ Newbie

Solved!!! 

Found another post regarding this issue and found that if you hold your xbox power off button for 10 seconds and turn it on again it works completely fine! 

Enjoy people 🙌

View in thread

Message 5 of 9 (9,144 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi @cburns33

That's definitely weird. Is there any way you could try testing it with a different controller to see if it still happens, or if it's just isolated to the one you're using in the videos? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 9 (9,170 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Kent I have the same problem! Been going on for about a fortnight now... I have also tried using other controllers from friends and family, still no good 👎 any way of fixing this issue? The controllers work perfect for every other game and this dramatically kills gameplay. Difficult to loot boxes etc. Cheers 👋
Message 3 of 9 (9,158 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’m having the same problem, tried using different controllers but the issue is still there. Makes the game pretty much unplayable 

Message 4 of 9 (9,148 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Solved!!! 

Found another post regarding this issue and found that if you hold your xbox power off button for 10 seconds and turn it on again it works completely fine! 

Enjoy people 🙌

Message 5 of 9 (9,145 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes, I have tried it using different controllers. Sorry, I should've stated that!

Message 6 of 9 (9,122 Views)

Community Manager

@AUO3CON wrote:

Solved!!! 

Enjoy people 🙌

Thanks for the heads-up! I'm glad to hear it's working for you afterward. 

@cburns33@JakeBurnetto 

Can you try power cycling your Xbox as well if you haven't already? Let me know if you're still seeing any weird cursor behavior afterward. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 7 of 9 (9,092 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the same problem. It is not necessary a hard reset of the console. Just force close the game and reopen it.

It's something quite weird. After a few games the cursor starts to have this kind of lag. Even in the lobby. The strangest thing is that in the skins menu of the legends or weapons the cursor works fine.

Message 8 of 9 (4,385 Views)

Community Manager

Hi all,

Since this is a pretty old thread that wasn't updated in quite a while I'm going to lock it to prevent further necro-posting. 

If you need some help with a similar issue please create a new thread, and we'll take a look. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 9 of 9 (4,280 Views)