by CatsWaller

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [V] Musical Genius: Mentoring in Music Not Fulfilling

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1210
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? - Seasons - City Living - Jungle Adventure - Parenthood - Vampires
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? You will select the Musical Genius aspiration for your Sim. They might have been cured from Vampirism in their history.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim I am playing has a level 10 in their skill ability with an instrument and can mentor other sims in that instrument. The aspiration for Musical Genius asks you to mentor a sim in music for 3 hours. I have mentored sims for 20+ hours, but it still says I mentored fro 0/3 hours. The aspiration is impossible to complete due to this bug. I've tried looking into this bug and picked up it happens with vampire sims. My sim is not a vampire, but was born as one. It is extermely frustrating putting time into this aspiration to have to go nowhere. Other aspirations are bugged too, like switching from a culinary aspiration to a mixology one is impossible to fulfill because you can't choose a new career track in food for some reason.
What do you expect to see? I expect after mentoring a sim in music for 3 hours, the game aspiration tracker will record that I mentored a sim in music for 3 hours, and fulfill.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

The sim I am playing has a level 10 in their skill ability with an instrument and can mentor other sims in that instrument. The aspiration for Musical Genius asks you to mentor a sim in music for 3 hours. I have mentored sims for 20+ hours, but it still says I mentored fro 0/3 hours. The aspiration is impossible to complete due to this bug. I've tried looking into this bug and picked up it happens with vampire sims. My sim is not a vampire, but was born as one. It is extermely frustrating putting time into this aspiration to have to go nowhere. Other aspirations are bugged too, like switching from a culinary aspiration to a mixology one is impossible to fulfill because you can't choose a new career track in food for some reason.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 4 (1,421 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [V] Musical Genius: Mentoring in Music Not Fulfilling

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@CatsWaller

i have the same issue as yours. So I tested this with the premade vampire sims, Caleb, Lilith and Vlad. I used the cheat for going into the last step of musical genius, and put Caleb's all instrument skills up to 10 by cheat. After that, I tried to Caleb to mentor Lilith in guitar, and it worked.... I got surprised. So I activated Vlad and had him mentor other human sims now, then it worked. I asked myself how come only my sim doesn't work on this? I opened the a bit old game that I have another my own vampire living with a spell caster sim. Luckily, my another vampire sim was challenging the musical genius aspiration and he simply can mentor my spell caster sim on pipe organ. And it worked...? So now I'm thinking about that my current vampire sim might have the sim bug?
Have you tried that with other vampire sims? I'd like to hear they have the same issue in your game if it's possible.Standard smile

As for switching to the other branch of the career, it's designed that way since the base game was released. So there are 3 things I do to switch to the other branch.

1. I choose a different career after quitting the chef field for a couple of months sim time, then goes back to Culinary, then I can work from level 4 again, then I can choose Mixology field.

2. I save my household after quitting the chef career, then open him in the new game, then he can choose a culinary career again, then he can start from the low level at Culinary career, then Mixoolgy

3. Recently I use this way that my sim goes for skill class in university town, then get the Mixology certificate while taking some classes. I don't need to enroll the univ to take these classes. The certificate comes randomly while taking classes. Any type of skills are fine. From Charisma skill class, Baking skill class..doesn't matter. After that, do find job, then I can see Mixologist in job panel, then my sim can start from level 6, Mixology branch, in Culinary career.

Message 2 of 4 (1,337 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have an issue with the same aspiration. It's dealing with the "Licensed Songs" My sims is a singer and she has written several lyrics. I receive money from the songs, but it doesn't register that writing lyrics as writing a song. Am I the only one??

Message 3 of 4 (1,248 Views)

Hero
@latrice211 Is your Sim also a Vampire ? If not, it's best if you create your own thread as this issue is for Vamps specific and about a different task

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (1,230 Views)