Re: Mentor events unavailable if friend event with offspring is completed first

by Packetstorm

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mentor events unavailable if friend event with offspring is completed first

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Samsung Galaxy S8
OS Version 7.2
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) Yes
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Before retiring sim, start a friend event with offspring when the offspring becomes an adult. Upon retiring, the elder will eventually show a "parent/child" event balloon being available. If the adult offspring tries to interact with the balloon popup, only (pink colored) friend events are listed (e.g. partners in down time or quick catch up).
What do you expect to see? Parent offspring events working even when friend events (e.g. BFFs) were completed first. Either make friend events between parent and offspring impossible, or make friend events and parent/child events both possible.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country USA
Additional feedback Yes

Yes
Message 1 of 4 (861 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Apprentice
I think i figured out the problem. The offpring needs to have both hobby and career active. At first the son only had a hobby. Today when I started the career as well, I was able to get the mentor option from the balloon. So I believe the career and hobby must be active for the offspring, otherwise that balloon will permanently popup without the ability to interact. I am not sure if friend events had anything to do with it, or if mentor has a hard requirement for both active hobby and career.

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (791 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice
Thanks for making this explanation post. I did not know the cause but we have same symptoms:

Adult daughter cannot do mentor quest with father.
Mentor quest icon permanently display on father.
Interactions only offer hangout quest but no mentor.
Mentor quest was available with other parent.
Message 2 of 4 (732 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
I think i figured out the problem. The offpring needs to have both hobby and career active. At first the son only had a hobby. Today when I started the career as well, I was able to get the mentor option from the balloon. So I believe the career and hobby must be active for the offspring, otherwise that balloon will permanently popup without the ability to interact. I am not sure if friend events had anything to do with it, or if mentor has a hard requirement for both active hobby and career.
Message 3 of 4 (792 Views)

★ Guide
yeap it work. I apply job and hobby to my offspring, and finally the mentoring event appear. thank you for the info.
Message 4 of 4 (507 Views)