[Megathread] Unable to Loot with Non-Default Control Layout

by xxLIKEumWETxx

Original Post

Re: Cant pick up anything from black market nor deathboxes

★ Apprentice
@SavageKillShot77 these issues have been fixed I use ninja on ps4 and never had problems until now with the death box and ping it was always square for interact and x for ping but now the death box says its x to ping and x to pick up which just makes it ping but use square to pick up outside loot
Message 60 of 327 (1,263 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I had the EXACT problem. Couldn't ping loot in death boxes last couple seasons but now I can't pick up loot. It's literally unplayable atm.

Message 61 of 327 (1,254 Views)

Re: Ninja Controls Can't Loot Deathbox

★★★ Novice

Same issue on Xbox. Ninja controls were already busted because you could not pin items that were in a box. Now it’s utterly broken because you can only ping times in a box and can’t pick them up. I’d understand this issue with custom controls but this is a preset. Completely ridiculous.  

Message 62 of 327 (1,625 Views)

Re: Ninja settings in controller doesn't allow me to pick up items in a deathbox

★★★ Newbie

Same issue here, had to switch ping and interact, so now my teammates hear me pinging accidentally every 5 seconds. Very annoying.

Message 63 of 327 (1,093 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Same issue on Xbox. I use “ninja controls” which is an Apex preset. Last season it caused a bug were I was unable to ping items in boxes, this season I can ONLY ping items in boxes, can’t even pick up loot in boxes. Completely broken and unplayable with Ninja controls

Message 64 of 327 (1,247 Views)

cant loot in death box because button is switched to ping(death box and market)

★ Apprentice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? jssbalderaz
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? loba mirage and life line
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. deathbox menu trying to get loot
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. trying to get loot and ammo
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 3 total all the same
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 12/05/20 5:00
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? I use ninja on ps4 and never had problems until now with the death box and ping it was always square for interact and x for ping but now the death box says its x to ping and x to pick up which just makes it ping but use square to pick up outside loot
What should be happening instead? should be square to pick up insteas of x to pick up and ping
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? ninja control and loot a death box square is supposed to pick up bit it says x in the death box only

I use ninja on ps4 and never had problems until now with the death box and ping it was always square for interact and x for ping but now the death box says its x to ping and x to pick up which just makes it ping but use square to pick up outside loot I even tried custom settings to switch to ninja same issue 

Message 65 of 327 (1,522 Views)

Re: Ninja layout can’t pick up items

★★★★★ Newbie
@hiddengeometry I’m just baffled because now my ping is all sorts of funky
Message 66 of 327 (1,156 Views)

Re: cant loot in death box because button is switched to ping(death box and mark

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I have this problem too. My controller layout is switched to "Ninja" and bug appear on it, but all is ok on "Default".

I attach image below

Message 67 of 327 (1,498 Views)

Re: cant loot in death box because button is switched to ping(death box and mark

★★★ Newbie

m having the same problem on xbox. If you go to the custom controller setup it also states that in the inventory menu it will default the ping to RB but it doesn't actually do that

Message 68 of 327 (1,495 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same problem on Xbox. I use a custom setup with Ping set to "A" as well. Can't look deathboxs at all, it only pings items. Also with Loba's ult as well.

Message 69 of 327 (1,463 Views)