[Megathread] Unable to Loot with Non-Default Control Layout

by xxLIKEumWETxx

Original Post

Huge error with Loot in "Ninja Mode"

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

So the problem here is I use the the button layout for my control in "Ninja Mode" you ping with "A", when I'm looting deadbox and the ultimate of Loba Black Market I can't take anything because only allow me to ping even if I hold A like it's said. So you need to fix this or something. 

Message 50 of 327 (1,157 Views)

Re: Can’t loot with Ninja Layout

★★★★★ Newbie
@333634 Yeah. I is awful. I switched the y and the a, and hate it.
Message 51 of 327 (1,394 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same problem in PS4

Message 52 of 327 (1,390 Views)

Re: Cant pick up anything from black market nor deathboxes

★★★ Newbie

***2) is not true****, whe looting a deathbox you can navigate using the crosspad, then you can ping things within lootboxes"

Message 53 of 327 (1,171 Views)

Ninja layout can’t pick up items

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4 Slim
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Methodzxc
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. N/A
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Loba
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Caustic and wraith
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Not map wise
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. I use ninja layout and I can’t pick up items I can only ping them
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? First match
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 12.05.2020 6:10
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Minor impact to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? I can’t pick up weapons
What should be happening instead? I should be able to pick up items if I’m using ninja layout
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Change your button layout to ninja

Yeah I can’t pick up items if I have ninja button layout on 

Message 54 of 327 (1,271 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I posted this issue on the reddit page as well but still no fix. I also reset all the controls under settings to default and it still does not work. I use the ninja setting on PS4 and I can't really go back to using just the default settings. I unfortunately lost a close victory because I could not get needed ammo and so I ran out at the last critical moments. I know my other teammates were frustrated or very confused when all I was doing was pinging items like crazy in the death boxes! As a temporary fix, I remapped my square button to ping items and the x button to pick up items. I can tell you that my muscle memory is still retaining the original remap. It also makes it very difficult to execute a well timed Ult. IMO, for PS4 users, I don't see why we couldn't use that massive middle touch pad for something other than to bring up a map.

Message 55 of 327 (1,343 Views)

★ Novice

Please fix this soon! I went to customize controls and switched the  A and the B button from the Ninja, but it is really frustrating.

Message 56 of 327 (1,367 Views)

Re: Ninja layout can’t pick up items

★ Apprentice
@xMethodzxx Same problem here
Message 57 of 327 (1,250 Views)

★★ Novice

Yo this glitch is literally making it impossible for me to get anything most thing yoy get off enemies wth man 

Message 58 of 327 (1,323 Views)

Re: Ninja Controls Can't Loot Deathbox

★★★★★ Novice
@MAD_ANGryBIRD246 You can change the buttons so that the ping is away from x and it works, I currently have it set as down on the d-pad to ping but it's not as fluid for calling in an ultimate or pinging on the run.
Message 59 of 327 (1,690 Views)