by itz_DrowZ

Original Post

Button to pick up Mixed with button to ping

★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? ToeKneeYayo
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Loot menu
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Looting and ping is the same button “X” hence cannot pick up loot
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? Season 1-4
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) It started in beginning of season 5
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? I use Ninja button scheme. Before this I just couldn’t ping loot in a loot box that’s all, not game breaking. After season 5, with the changes made, ping loot in loot box now has the same button as loot “X” so I can no longer pick up loot. It used to be “Sqaure”
What should be happening instead? Change loot Button from loot box back to “Sqaure” for Ninja button config.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Simply change to Ninja button layout. You’ll probably experience the issue.

As mentioned. After season 5 started, button layouts have been changed. Using the Ninja button config, Looting And ping item from an enemies box now both uses “X” so whenever I try to pick up item it just pings. 

in season 1-4 i couldn’t ping items in enemies loot box but it was not game breaking so I had no complaints. Now I simply cannot play the game when I can’t even loot from enemies box? 

Message 311 of 327 (1,874 Views)

Re: Cant loot with ninja

★★★ Novice
@EA_David So why hasnt this been fixed yet? This is extremely frusterating. It should be a simple swap of some variables in the programming so why hasnt it been done?
Message 312 of 327 (1,723 Views)

★★ Novice
@TheOneProfaned agree with you man. It's been over a month and they have fixed a lot of little bugs that nobody really cared about and they just left us to deal with this "megathread" of a problem ourselves.
Message 313 of 327 (1,690 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

As a developer myself the only reason I see - they just don't care. Also the fact that control settings doesn't work properly in a game that claims itself as a competitive e-sports shooter is kinda hilarious.

Message 314 of 327 (1,643 Views)

Unable to access inventory or deathbox; also unable to see team's health/shields

★★★★ Novice

Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number NVIDIA GTX 1660Ti
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16 GB RAM
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Tidepacito
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. Bafxian
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Bloodhound
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Gibraltar, Loba
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Containment
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Reconnecting to match after network error occured
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 2
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 06/15/20
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What happens when the bug occurs? I am unable to access my inventory or loot deathboxes; I am also unable to see my teammates health or shields, or tell if they've gone down or not.
What should be happening instead? I should be able to access my inventory and deathboxes as normal
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? IDK, I've disconnected and reconnected in several games prior to this, but never ran across the bug, I did run into other bugs but were very minor with no gameplay impact (such as dropping from dropship music no longer playing upon reconnecting)

I can't access my inventory using my primary hotkey or secondary hotkey; I also am unable to loot deathboxes (if i try, all the things that should happen when I do happen minus the deathbox inventory, meaning I can't take anything from the deathbox itself). I am unable to see my teammates's health or shield, or if they went down (but if they do go down, I can tell via audio cue). As a result, I can't drop items from my inventory, or pick up new items to replace them with (in the game that the bug occurred, I was unable to pick up shields until after I used some consumables such as syringes or threw a few grenades to empty out my inventory). 

Message 315 of 327 (1,574 Views)

Week 5+ of season 5 and still CANNOT LOOT DEATHBOXES

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One X
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? A DeluZionaL
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Not Applicable
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Not Applicable
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. ALL
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Trying to loot a deathbox
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? S1-S3 (S4 I could not ping what was in deathboxes but I could pick up)
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) All the time, every game
What happens when the bug occurs? I cannot loot deathbox using the Ninja button layout. This has been going on since the LAUNCH OF THE SEASON. It has been over 5 weeks since I have been able to use my button layout and my gameplay and gameplay experience has been MAJORLY IMPACTED. It is not just me, it was several players complaining about the same bug since the season launch and it still hasn't been fixed. You guys are also marking the forum pages as solved even though nothing has been fixed.
What should be happening instead? I SHOULD BE ABLE TO LOOT A DEATHBOX
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Uh, maybe use something other than the default button layout? Or you could just look at all the posts from beginning of season that you have been marking as complete even though nothing has been fixed.

Game breaking bug. Ignored even though there was multiple bugs since launch. This has been the worst season for bugs and yet you're too busy fixing 'textures' on pc to care about an actual game breaking bug on consoles.

My ult is down and b together instead of b+a. Which means I have to stop moving to use my ult. Which also means as Mirage when I try to ult i tend to end up dying since I have to STOP MOVING

Message 316 of 327 (1,576 Views)

Re: i can't loot death boxes and load into matches correctly

★★★ Novice

Just wondering what progress has been made? Tried playing last night still can't loot death boxes. Put in $70 this season and I still can't even play the game over a month into the season? 

This only affects ninja and custom controls with ping set to (A on Xbox) (x on ps4) not shure about pc.

This is an easy fix (I know nothing about programming so recoding might actually be hard) just make the loot button (x on xbox) (square on ps) actually loot items in death boxes. Not shure why I have to press what is the default jump button to loot in the first place when we already have a loot button.

All of the layouts use the same button for looting  so let's just use that to loot 

Message 317 of 327 (1,450 Views)

Re: i can't loot death boxes and load into matches correctly

★ Guide
@DixxyNormas pc w/controller affected as well
Message 318 of 327 (1,354 Views)

Custom Keybinds Bug "weapon swap/holster" bug

★★★ Newbie

What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Fast1NST1NCT
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. The bug occurs when I'm in someones deathbox/loot
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. I'm trying to switch in between my primary and secondary weapon but it instead pings anything in the deathbox because my "switching weapon/holster" is R1
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? Around 100 or so
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
What happens when the bug occurs? I'm trying to switch in between my primary and secondary weapon but it instead pings anything in the deathbox because my "switching weapon/holster" is R1. If I want to switch a gun in the deathbox with my secondary weapon as I entered with my primary weapon, I have to get out of the deathbox and enter back into it with my secondary weapon so that I can swap with the gun I wanted too.
What should be happening instead? I should be able to switch between my primary and secondary weapon when I'm inside a deathbox without pinging anything and having to keep getting out of the deathbox to switch between my weapons.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to custom keybinds and swap (switch weapons/holster) to (R1) and try to switch in between your primary and secondary gun when you enter someones deathbox

What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Fast1NST1NCT
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. The bug occurs when I'm in someones deathbox/loot
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. I'm trying to switch in between my primary and secondary weapon but it instead pings anything in the deathbox because my "switching weapon/holster" is R1
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? Around 100 or so.
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
What happens when the bug occurs? I'm trying to switch in between my primary and secondary weapon but it instead pings anything in the deathbox because my "switching weapon/holster" is R1. If I want to switch a gun in the deathbox with my secondary weapon as I entered with my primary weapon, I have to get out of the deathbox and enter back into it with my secondary weapon so that I can swap with the gun I wanted too.
What should be happening instead? I should be able to switch between my primary and secondary weapon when I'm inside a deathbox without pinging anything and having to keep getting out of the deathbox to switch between my weapons.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to custom keybinds and swap (switch weapons/holster) to (R1) and try to switch in between your primary and secondary gun when you enter someones deathbox

Message 319 of 327 (1,322 Views)

Re: Custom Keybinds Bug "weapon swap/holster" bug

★★★★★ Novice

And now they've released Crafting in a broken state.

If you have Ping mapped to X it is not possible use the Replicator to Craft

You must use X to Craft but instead it only Pings

Message 320 of 327 (806 Views)