Accepted Solution

[Megathread] Unable to Loot with Non-Default Control Layout

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One S
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? OopslXljaylXlOo
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Everylegend
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Loot box trying grabing loot
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Loting deadbox trying
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 1
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 12-5-20
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? I cant loot deatboxes
What should be happening instead? Looting deadthbox
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go play ninja style buttons and try looting lobas bm

Cant loot boxes if you playing ninja please fix this cant play right now 

[Admin - updating thread title for search results]

Message 142 of 327 (28,734 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cant loot with ninja

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Thank you for your answer but please do something asap, because it's unplayable, I dont want to re-learn something new because you released a buggy update, also I dont have paddles, and I have to crouch spam in battles with my trigger buttons, which means, I can't put ping on those buttons, it has to be on another button

I tried putting it on the d-pad down button, but that just means I have to let go off both my sticks to use my ultimate, which is just complete nonsense

There's no way to make this viable other than having it on X, because if I put it on O, that means I can't leave the deathbox if I'm pointing at an item since O will ping that item... I need to move out of the item list and then press O, which is also nonsense because what if I'm going for a fast armor swap ?

Please do something fast

Here is an super easy fix to this issue you guys could implement to the game :

Put an option to revert the loot menu back to how it was before so we can choose how to display it

There was no issue at all with the old menu (other than you couldnt ping in a death box, but I would rather have that than not being able to loot it...)

Please guys, do something

View in thread

Message 167 of 327 (29,685 Views)

All Replies

Cant pick up anything from black market nor deathboxes

★★★★ Apprentice

Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One X
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Exoq TigerzZ
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Deathbox and blackmarket boutique
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Trying to pick up items
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? In everyone the problem occured
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 12.05.20 07:00 pm cest (time of update)
What happens when the bug occurs? I cant pick up items, because my ping button is the a button
What should be happening instead? Me being able to pick up items with x instead of a (x is my stamdard pickup button)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Enable ninja mode on the button layout. Go into a deathbox or blackmarket and you cant pick up anything

As it says, my ping button is the a button. There is a bug where pickup in blackmarket boutique and deathboxes is a. instead of the selected pickup button (x for me)

Message 1 of 327 (29,393 Views)

Re: Cant pick up anything from black market nor deathboxes

★★★ Newbie

I also have this problem I play on a custom button layout and it says press A to ping and press A to pick up but it will only let me ping the item

Message 2 of 327 (29,358 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Similar issue on PS4, I have jump on L1, Tactical on R1 and Ping on X. I can't pick up anything in deathboxes as pickup and ping are both X

Message 3 of 327 (29,352 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@iMortuL1 Exactly this. It wont let me pick up items, only ping because a is my ping button.
Message 4 of 327 (29,348 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

The button mapping bugs have been around for ages and are still not fixed.  The issues below #1 and #2 have been around since at least Season 3.

1) If you remap ping, often you can't ping things on the overworld map after you bring it up.

2) if you remap ping to A (on XBOX, or X on PS4)  you can no longer ping items in deathboxes

3) if you remap ping to A (on XBOX, or X on PS4) you can no longer take items from Loba's black market UI.

Message 5 of 327 (29,327 Views)

'Ninja' Layout Doesn't Let Me Pick Up Items In Death boxes

★★★ Novice

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4 Slim
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? KingKalo-
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. vWhOwAnTsMOKE-
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Wraith
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Bloodhound
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. It doesn't matter which part of the map, it just won't let me pick up items when using the "Ninja" layout control option.
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. I was trying to pick up items out of a death box.
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? It happened every match.
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 5/12/20
What happens when the bug occurs? It won't let me pick up items in a death box or Black Market Boutique.
What should be happening instead? I should be able to pickup items with "X"
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just use the "Ninja" control layout and try to pick up items from a death box. It only lets you ping items from the death box.

Please get this fixed asap! It really affects my gameplay.

Message 6 of 327 (28,799 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@SavageKillShot77 1 seems to be fixed as it says "pinging in inventory and on map remains rb" or something like thay.
2. Yup thats true, i figured you have to sellect the item with the arrows in order to do that. But still annoying and takes time
3. And deathboxes. makes it basically unplayable
Message 7 of 327 (29,306 Views)

Ninja Controls Can't Loot Deathbox

★★★★★ Novice

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? mgawheat
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Death boxes or Loba Ult
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Trying to pick up an item
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? Zero
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
What happens when the bug occurs? You cannot pick up items in deathboxes or Loba's ultimate with Ninja controller setup, you can add it to your inventory then equip for attachments but armour and guns are unequipable.
What should be happening instead? Picking up items with the x button.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to ninja controls, try to loot a death box.

See reddit for other people having this problem as well. PS4 and Xbox and all non basic controls. 

Message 8 of 327 (29,290 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks, wasn't aware of #1 being fixed.  I feel like sometimes pinging in the overworld map still doesn't work though but I'd have to check.

As for #2 there is a workaround, at least as of Season 4 (not sure if they changed it for Season 5).  If you hover over the item you want to ping in the deathbox with your stick, and then hit LEFT D-PAD once, then you can ping the item with A (instead of it trying to pick it up).  This is probably why scrolling with the D-PAD to select the item also works (but isn't actually necessary).

Message 9 of 327 (29,290 Views)