Re: Matthias and Jani Conversation Bubble Bug

by Aexile

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue with Matthias.  As soon as I get close the conversation bubble greys out.  It happened after they split and I completed the story. I’m still able to get agent missions and contracts from them. I’m on PS4 Pro too. 

Message 11 of 57 (1,283 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same here. On PS4 and I can't interact with Matthias. He has a speech bubble on the map but it gets grayed out when I enter his room and I can't talk to any of the 3 Matthias. 

It seems I can't do anymore of their agent missions either (I have 0 out of 6).

Message 12 of 57 (1,275 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same issue on PS4 with Dax Matthias and Jani all end game. They stay lit like they have dialogue but as soon as you approach they do not and the bubbles grey out.

Message 13 of 57 (1,272 Views)

★★ Novice

Same here for Matthias. 

Available and then greyed out once I get near.

on PS4

Message 14 of 57 (1,265 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

Same issue.

Matthias, Jani, and Dax.

When I'm a decent way away from them there's a conversation bubble on the map and compass.  When I get close to Matthias the bubble grays out.  The ones for Jani and Dax just disappear entirely.  Dax is standing in her house with Cadera.

Matthias started just before the Mission to the Heart of Rage(did his and Dax's shield questlines).  Dax and Jani started after I began Matthias' second Questline.

Not sure if it's related, but I also noticed that some NPCs were standing in different spots since this started, but not all the time.  Sometimes Nadira is either next to the fountain or on the stairs up to talk to Brin, sometimes the Street Prophet is closer to the fountain.  Changes with a reload.

Message 15 of 57 (1,257 Views)

★ Apprentice

PS4 Pro

I also have this issue but affect alot more of the NPC.

a topic about it is can be found here
https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Fort-Tarsis-NPC-s-dialogue-bug-PS4/td-p/7585745/highlig...

I was thinking wonder if this is linked to time release of extra consent/missions and as they are not live they cannot give the missions out yet.

Message 16 of 57 (1,250 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Cool-caution

I don't think thats the case.

I played on PC as well (premier) and i know for a fact that dax has 2 more dialogue cutscenes that i am missing. Jani 1 more and Matthias one or two.

Message 17 of 57 (1,241 Views)

★★ Novice

Stopping Me getting legendary contracts Frown 

Message 18 of 57 (1,166 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@zxbob tried the contract board in the launch bay? works for me.
Message 19 of 57 (1,080 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Only matthias for me right now...
Message 20 of 57 (1,075 Views)