Re: Match crashes when tiberium is at an absurdly high amount

by EinarThePillager

Original Post

Match crashes when tiberium is at an absurdly high amount

★★★★★ Guide

Product: Command & Conquer: Rivals
Platform:Android Tablet
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Emulator
OS Version N/A
What is your Player ID? #6pVpgVb2 and #FfsXR8Jv
What type of issue do you have? Network/Connection
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Summarize your bug When the tiberium quantity hits 30K or more, the game crashes with a two way disconnect. The replay never gets saved and I lose the results.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Setup 2 accounts and farm tiberium with one account while the other plays the victim. The best map for this is lone spire. Place 5 giga cannons in a 120 degree angle, with 2 of the giga cannons on top of the nearest tiberium fields of the enemy base. The other player must use a level 3 commander and start spamming harvesters to be lost. The giga cannons must be at a high level. Game crashes when the timer runs out and the tiberium amount is more than 30K.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Asia
Country Philippines

Don't have a screenshot. The replay gets deleted as soon as the game crashes. I ran the scenario 3 times, 2 on a custom match and 1 on a friendly battle. On all instances, they were being run on two separate emulators on the same PC. The game has gotten lighter to the point I can leave two accounts open in the same computer. Have not tried it with an android and an emulator. I ran another match with an alliance member, but nothing happened nor did the tiberium capacity reach farther than 12K.

Message 1 of 5 (495 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hey @EinarThePillager thanks for reporting this! Given that not many players will ever reach 30k tiberium it probably won't affect many people Large smile but thanks again for raising!

Message 2 of 5 (469 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@EA_Grasshopper wrote:

Hey @EinarThePillager thanks for reporting this! Given that not many players will ever reach 30k tiberium it probably won't affect many people Large smile but thanks again for raising!

The crash might have something to do with the 16 integer limit. It might be 32,760 as the highest. I recalled trying to pass 30K and it crashed. Once I reached 40K and it also crashed. I just want the game to stop producing tiberium for one player if the player's tiberium amount exceeds 30K. Any further and the match might crash. Could be useful in a no nukes map with infinite tiberium.

Message 3 of 5 (453 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@EinarThePillager wrote:

The crash might have something to do with the 16 integer limit. It might be 32,760 as the highest..

To be very precise, for an unsigned 16-bit integer this value is:

2^16 - 1 = 65535

For a signed 16-bit integer this value is:

2^15 - 1 = 32767

Message 4 of 5 (445 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Mister_Crac wrote:

@EinarThePillager wrote:

The crash might have something to do with the 16 integer limit. It might be 32,760 as the highest..

To be very precise, for an unsigned 16-bit integer this value is:

2^16 - 1 = 65535

For a signed 16-bit integer this value is:

2^15 - 1 = 32767

I don't specifically recall how much tiberium I had before the game crashes. Though 32000 might be something as a hard limit. On one instance, its around 30K, on another 35K and one more was at 40K. I did all this by placing some giga cannons near the opponent's spawn pad. I must be careful in placing giga cannons since if the base is revealed, it gets attacked from the laser splash.

Message 5 of 5 (439 Views)