Original Post

Masterwork/Legendary Components now inferior

★★★ Newbie

Product: Anthem
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One
Please select your region North America
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? No
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. Forge/Components
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 23.04.19 21:34 EST
Summarize your bug Masterwork bonuses are superior to Legendary, and Epic are superior to both.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In the Forge Components selection. Compare bonuses on Epic vs Masterwork/Legendary versions of the same item.
What happens when the bug occurs? Because of this health and shield values have plummeted.
What should be happening instead? Higher level components should be providing much bigger bonuses than the lower level ones.

With the latest patch, the components Armor and Shield boosts are seriously bugged. Masterwork bonuses are superior to Legendary, and Epic are superior to both. In some cases the Epic version grants between 3-5 times the Armor or Shield boost than the Legendary version of the same component.

We noticed while running the new Stronghold that we were dying far more than normal.  Initially we put it down to just getting used to the new stronghold.  When we reached to boss, he was killing us in 1-2 hits with all of his attacks.  We looked at our components after giving up the fight and noticed that the Armor boost on one colossus component had dropped from 10k to 100.  Further comparisons showed that Masterwork versions were either the same bonus or superior, and Epic versions provided the highest bonus.

I don't know if it's a factor, but it does show every Javelin as being Legendary quality, regardless of the actual power value.

Message 1 of 17 (526 Views)

Re: Masterwork/Legendary Components now inferior

★★ Novice

I have noticed this problem too.  I have some Legendaries on my Interceptor and Ranger where the Shield and Armor are both at 25, or at 150 and 25 vs the 5000 or 2500 that they once were.  Not sure if it is a visual glitch, but I have definitely noticed it and it completely discouraged me from playing any further until it gets fixed.  No point in looking for Legendary/Masterwork components if they provide much less protection.  

Message 2 of 17 (512 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It IS a visual glitch. Tested it and streamers have confirmed. Easiest way to see it yourself, use a colossus and the forge in free play. When you switch to a purple that’s displaying higher numbers, you LOSE health. If you know about programming, it’s just the display text not the modifier. If not think of it as a form, 

Display text: 2828   <- incorrect colossus numbers 

Modify armor: 200 (ish not sure exact number) <- correct value

Message 3 of 17 (476 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It's not a visual error when I can barely survive  gm1 now and before the patch could breeze through gm2.The armor of my colossus has been drastically lowered from what it was.

A legendary colossus should not struggle staying alive in gm1.This needs to be corrected soon,thanks.

Message 4 of 17 (454 Views)

★★ Novice
Thank you for getting the ball rolling on this serious issue,
Message 5 of 17 (412 Views)

★★ Novice
I don't think at least on my end it was a visual error because I was taking way too much damage as my colossus in the new stronghold on gm1 , this was not from the boss or any special unit just the average dude was taking off a huge amount of my health with every shot I'd taken.
Message 6 of 17 (398 Views)

★ Apprentice

@Gallagoth wrote:

It's not a visual error when I can barely survive  gm1 now and before the patch could breeze through gm2.The armor of my colossus has been drastically lowered from what it was.

A legendary colossus should not struggle staying alive in gm1.This needs to be corrected soon,thanks.

I agree it isnt a visual glitch cause my colossus wasnt squishy before. My colossus could take GM3 mobs now can hardly stand up to GM2.

Message 7 of 17 (381 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice
In the first 2-3 mins of the livestream from the 23rd they explain that it's only a visual bug in the forge and everything is still working as intended in the background and in expeditions
Message 8 of 17 (356 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Hrafn-Fel wrote:

@Gallagoth wrote:

I agree it isnt a visual glitch cause my colossus wasnt squishy before. My colossus could take GM3 mobs now can hardly stand up to GM2.

Not sure what you’ve got going on but since the patch I’ve been playing my storm because all my colossus builds are STILL boringly hard to kill (gm2). I’ve even got a build that is focused on shield bashing, just shield sprinting in circles eating up gm2. Are you using health return anywhere? Balm of Galvinicus, Best Defense, Demolition Tribute, Rejuvenating Ammo, any of those can make a world of difference. Repair drop rate declined. Was that what happened?

Message 9 of 17 (317 Views)

★★ Novice
I WISH! I went from being reliabe to being a burden to my team in one patch
I wouldn't be complaining if it was just a visual glitch. But when it starts effecting game play...well here we are
Message 10 of 17 (293 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help