by MmoProNick

Original Post

Massive Bug with Nihilus' Lord of Hunger Ability in the STR

★★★ Apprentice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Phone, occurs gamewide
OS Version 7.0
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode )
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug Nihilus "Lord of Hunger" ability is granting him protection regeneration from toons that have 0 protection in spite of the ability indicating that the protection regeneration is based off how much protection he steals from a character.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Enter Phase 1 or phase 4 of the Sith Triumvirate raid. 2. Bring any character down to 0 protection by any means. 3. Use a basic on Nihilus (preferably with a low damage character) with any 0 protection character, and observe that his protection meter is filling up, despite there being no protection for him to steal.
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region North America
Country United States

I recorded a Youtube video that explains and observes the entire bug taking place, here

I'll leave the more detailed explanation of the bug here.

The raid boss Darth Nihilus' Unique ability, Lord of Hunger, states that whenever Nihilus is damaged by a basic ability, if the target had defense down, "that target loses 25% protection, and Nihilus gains that much Max Protection." This ability indicates that the protection is stolen from the target, given that the Amount gained is equal to the amount lost, however, this is not what occurs to units with less than 0 protection.

If a unit has 0 protection remaining, and they damage Nihilus with a basic, they incorrectly provide Nihilus with a boost to his maximum protection. Because the ability states that Nihilus is supposed to gain protection equal to the amount lostNihilus should not be gaining ANY protection from characters that have no protection. 

This bug appears to be a relatively simple oversight, for it appears that Nihilus is simply gaining 25% of the targets max protection regardless, rather than gaining the amount of protection that the unit lost, as the ability says he should be.

Please fix this CG, this bug is a clear inhibitor of progress in Phases 1 and 4 of the Sith triumvirate raid, for it is not only preventing many assist teams that could flourish if they did not constantly (and incorrectly) grant Nihilus protection, it is also stifling the scores of teams that do appear to work in these phases.

Message 1 of 19 (2,147 Views)

Re: Massive Bug with Nihilus' Lord of Hunger Ability in the STR

★ Apprentice

I smell a "change the text to accommodate the bug" incoming. 

Message 2 of 19 (2,017 Views)

★★ Novice
Same effect can be seen when playing a Sith team with Nihilus lead. He should never gain protection from them but he does.
Message 3 of 19 (1,989 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Perhaps. But we should all hope not.

Message 4 of 19 (1,974 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice
Confirmed for me with a DN lead. None of my toons have protection to lose because of DN’s Leader ability, yet raid boss DN gains protection anyway when one of my toons has defense down and uses a basic ability.

Edit: I’m actually not seeing it with a DN lead now. If someone else is, please make a video. But I am still seeing the bug with other toons / comps — see video in post 9.
Message 5 of 19 (1,885 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Very fascinating, there's definitely something wrong here if that's what is happening, let's just hope we get the fix we deserve, rather than a text correction, because honestly, this mechanic is definitely part of what makes p1 frustrating and dull, and it'd be a shame to see all the work Cg put into the raid to keep things that way..

Message 6 of 19 (1,871 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Maybe it's not actually a bug? Nihilus also gains 3% prot for each "buffed" enemy at the start of his turns.
Feed the Void can also restore his prot.

Are you seeing his prot bar rise during your toons' turns or at the start of his?
Message 7 of 19 (1,843 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
During my toon's turns, sadly.
Message 8 of 19 (1,813 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
On display in this four-second video:

https://youtu.be/I1YK1V8uNSU

When the recording starts DN has no protection; Leia has defense down and also no protection.

Leia shoots, and all of a sudden, DN gains protection.

There’s no mistaking it.
Message 9 of 19 (1,598 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Precisely, this is simply not Working as stated no?
Message 10 of 19 (1,553 Views)