Original Post

Accepted Solution

Massive Bug Report

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? I DO NOT KNOW
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons,CatsandDogs, Get To Work, Strangerville, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Bowling, Movie Hangout, Spooky, Luxury Party, Holiday, and Grim's.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Follow every step I took, it ain't rocket science. Build link also added into bug report below.
What happens when the bug occurs? Check below, everything is listed.
What do you expect to see? Check lower, everything is listed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

-Doors on [Beach] designated lots do not work as initially intended on previous lots. They do not open, nor can they close.

-[Vampires] cannot enter or exit certain [Beach] areas via [Fly Here As A Bat].

They could not land on a pier (in water) connected foundation, or the building on top of it.

I was building a beach resort style of [Beach] lot, when I found that indoor building locations do not function properly, such as a "bathroom," "bedroom," or just an empty room.

I've even noticed that vampires cannot fly onto porches.

This is troubling, as I'd like to purchase the Magic pack in order for my sims to be able to fly in to that porch location on a broomstick, and actually enter the building.

I may not purchase the Magic pack after all, especially since my Vampire sims cannot land on open air platforms in areas unconnected by stairs.

Again, no mods or cc were used. Buildings used is shown as attached below.

Build Link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/EEB18352D5D711E983952494C5C427A6?category=al...

Previously reported through the forums:

I had to play through an adoption event where no one shows up to take the cat away, but the event never ended.
I couldn't save or go to manage worlds, so I had to kill off Cassandra Goth after the cat had ran away and it was found again.
That, unfortunately, did nothing to solve the problem.
(I forgot to mention that there were three cats, but one of the three had previously been through the adoption event before the second one.)
Both events involved a sim leaving the plot, and the game did not register it as over or cancelled.
Death reaped her, the "Game Over" screen showed up, Cassandra Goth and all two cats were no longer available as icons or characters to select.
I was also stuck on that same plot, unable to build or pretty much do anything to create a sim or solve the infinite event glitch.
I was forced with no other menu options but to exit to the main menu.
Manage Worlds was still unavailable, so I think this is a coding problem on your end.
No mods or CC were used, just the packs on hand.

Message 1 of 8 (1,194 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Massive Bug Report

Community Manager

Hey all, this thread is now locked - please use the threads below that OP created for further discussion -

Doors, Vampires, Infinite Event 

Thanks! 

EACade

View in thread

Message 8 of 8 (920 Views)

All Replies

EA Sims Team

Sul Sul @MasterDarkwingz!!!

First of all, thanks for taking the time to report those issues to our team. :eahigh_file:

Looking at your report, I can see that this does not refer to one specific issue but to several different issues at once. Which is not a bad thing, but to make it possible for our team to keep track of how many players are affected by a specific issue, we would indeed need a separate report for each of those issues.
But don't worry, you probably don't have to create a new report for each of those bugs that you saw. Make sure to check out this compiled list of Known Gameplay Issues and you can just hit Me Too on those reports available already.
Feel free to link me the new reports that you created here, so I can forward the relevant information to the rest of our team. Standard smile

Thanks so much and Happy Simming! Party hat

Dag dag for now Wizard

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 2 of 8 (1,096 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@SimGuruKuxiku 

Your reply is rather contradictory and confusing. Am I to leave my issue here, or continue posting elsewhere?

Everywhere else I post seems to have my words be deleted without a correct redirectrory, or moderator reclassification of my thread.

Message 3 of 8 (1,042 Views)

Champion

Each bug report has its own thread, so that it's easier to track and search for single issues (because the forum search only displays thread titles to people. It's better for them to find "Island paradise doors bugged" rather than "Massive bug thread" because then they know they found the right thing.)

People can also use the Me Too button on each thread to upvote, and when a bug is fixed by a patch, the entire thread can be shut down without affecting other bugs.

Check the list or scroll through the forum or use the keyword search to see if the bugs you're concerned about are already here, reported by other players, or if they aren't, you can start your own for each, which lets you subscribe for replies by email and track.

To avoid threads being moved or tracked, make sure that bugs (errors with the game for features that worked before but stopped working or aren't working correct) are here in the bug forum and feedback (things that you wish were different but are working as intended by the game developers) is in the feedback section and not bugs. And that bugs are reproducible in a non-modded game, because mods and cc issues are not supported by EA.

Message 4 of 8 (1,025 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@SimGuruKuxiku  @simvasion 

So the point of a bug report file is to not actually file it? 

I really don't see the merit in this system.

Message 5 of 8 (998 Views)

★★★★ Guide

When looking at one of the pictures you posted here, part of the reason sims can't route to location is steps are going below water.  Sims can't climb steps below water.  Also if the steps are on a foundation just hit the foundation level up one click and they should route, if in water you need a latter to get on to a pier or deck.

Message 7 of 8 (938 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all, this thread is now locked - please use the threads below that OP created for further discussion -

Doors, Vampires, Infinite Event 

Thanks! 

EACade
Message 8 of 8 (921 Views)