Map editor issue

by Fire_Sparkle1997

Original Post

Map editor issue

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: Command & Conquer Remastered
Platform:Steam-PC
Summarize your bug Inability to use the CnCR's Map Editor under the current system settings, to which there is little control in avoiding such case.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Set your region to, for example, US; 2. Set your language to something that is written differently, for example, Russian; 3. Launch CnCR Map Editor; 4. Attempt to create/load map; 5. Error.
What happens when the bug occurs? Map editor shows me a window, saying that it caught an unhandled exception with note "Input string was not in a correct format", giving me option of either continuing, which brings me back into editor with nothing changing; or quitting, which closes map editor.
What do you expect to see? Map getting created/loaded.

If I would add anything, I'm pretty sure it has to relate to either Region or Windows Display Language of the OS and how Map Editor works with using them from the tests I have conducted locally. I seem to pass one set of info into the Map Editor while it expects something else, resulting in me getting the unhandled expection error. One other thing is - Map Editor seems to use translated strings of units/buildings with Russian Region and Language, despite looking like program is supposed to be English only.

Attached are the .txt of a unhandled exception log and screenshots of system's Region and Language settings from PC that suffers from Map Editor issue.

On PC that does not suffer from this issue, Region and Language are both set to Russian, and Map Editor works on that PC without a hitch. .NET Framework is latest version, thanks to Windows 10.

Message 1 of 1 (422 Views)