Re: Many small bugs that are ruining my games since the big update

by EA_Leeloo

Original Post

Many small bugs that are ruining my games since the big update

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? - don't have some, including eco living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? Several different bugs: Pets keep being "at different lots" at first, they'd randomly be at a random lot and I could see the name of the lot when I hold my mouse over it, after a while it doesn't tell me anything and they don't come when I call them. They are gone. Plants (full grown lemon tree and totmato plants) keep disappearing and regrowing for no reason, for example, I just returned from the vet and my plants are back to square one piles of dirt. Pets are non stop getting sick for no reason. two pets and 5 pet visits in the last 8 days. When a cat is on a high surface (scratching post), if I click "hug" my sim will just stand there and so does the cat. I can only interact with my cat in ways that don't involve holding the cat, until they are back on the floor. very annoying. Outside garbage bin gets overly full and stinky and causes my sim to have the dirty environment feeling. I can't do anything about it and end up resorting to purchasing a new bin. keeps happening over and over.
What do you expect to see? none of this should be happening
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. since the 06/03/2020 patch (the big one)

Several different bugs:

Pets keep being "at different lots" at first, they'd randomly be at a random lot and I could see the name of the lot when I hold my mouse over it, after a while it doesn't tell me anything and they don't come when I call them. They are gone.

Plants (full grown lemon tree and totmato plants) keep disappearing and regrowing for no reason, for example, I just returned from the vet and my plants are back to square one piles of dirt.

Pets are non stop getting sick for no reason. two pets and 5 pet visits in the last 8 days.

When a cat is on a high surface (scratching post), if I click "hug" my sim will just stand there and so does the cat. I can only interact with my cat in ways that don't involve holding the cat, until they are back on the floor. very annoying.

Outside garbage bin gets overly full and stinky and causes my sim to have the dirty environment feeling. I can't do anything about it and end up resorting to purchasing a new bin. keeps happening over and over.

any one else experiencing these? / is ea working on these bugs?? it's ruining my game Frown don't want to play without pets

Message 1 of 2 (370 Views)

Re: Many small bugs that are ruining my games since the big update

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Hey @Rosygirl15,

thanks for putting together this report!

But unfortunately, our bug report templates are designed to gather details on one bug at a time. This way, other players to relate to one specific bug instead of adding more to the list which can muddle things up and take away from the other bug.

If we can focus on one bug, it makes it easier for us to track it and provide the player with relevant advice and info.

Also, it's good to remember that different factors can lead to different bugs so focusing on one specific thing helps to speed up investigations and narrowing down causes to find a fix faster - and that's what we want, right? Standard smile 

It can be helpful to check this thread, "Compiled list of reported issues" for existing active bugs, and to use the search function to see if there is an active thread on the issue already. If not, go ahead and create a new one. Thumbs up

I will close this thread in the meantime.

- Leeloo

Leeloo.png

Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 2 (281 Views)