Re: Many random errors

by EA_Lanna

Original Post

Many random errors

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.27.3.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Backyard Stuff, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Spa Day, Laundry Day Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Parenthood, Get to Work, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Dine Out, Get Famous, Outdoor Retreat, Vampires, City Living, Island Living, Fitness Stuff, Strangerville
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play a group of 8 Sims in 1 house
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims freeze, dialog bubbles freeze, Sim able to pass through a locked door,
What do you expect to see? Smooth dialogs, and Sims able to do as directed
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I am writing to submit a list of bugs I have seen since the most-recent Sims 4 update:

1. I had one Sim that was stuck in an open room.  As I submitted directions to move, the directions scrolled off the side command window and the Sim stayed stuck in one spot.
  2. When one Sim approaches the Sim I am controlling, a bubble indicator appears which shows the other Sim's name.  I have had these indicators freeze and not scroll off the side command window. 
  3. On multiple occasions I have had Sims appear inside a locked room.  The door was set to block everyone, but they were able to pass through it - which then means they're locked inside the room, unless I open it.
  4. With cats wandering around the house, I have had Sims - who were inside the shower - befriend dogs.  There were no dogs anywhere on the lot, and all the cats are nowhere near the shower.
  5. When two sims meet or talk. a box appears at the top of the main window to show the name of the other Sim, they're status (angry, uncomfortable, asleep) and image.  I have had this box appear for a Sim which was on another floor and this box never closes.  This other Sim was not in the area of the Sim I was controlling.
  6. I have had Sims walking across a floor and suddenly they're on a different floor - and then they quickly reappear on the original floor.
  7. I have had a shower never turn off.  Sims are able to enter and exit it, yet the shower never shuts off.
  8. As the game is loading, and music is playing, I have heard a tone which sound as if a load-time error had occurred .  Since I am on console, I cannot view the game loading progress or discover what caused this sound to play.

Note:  these issues are all (with minor exception) random and only appear once or twice.

Each time I have one of the above issues, or others - I search online for assistance and information.  Most information I find says to restart my console.  By the time I am able to restart my console, and reenter the game, more than 7 minutes pass.  Of all the other games I own, few restart as slowly - and the ones that do restart slowly are online games which need to refresh the data for the location I am at.  Sims 4 is not an online game, but it is acting that way.

Lastly, all the above errors/issues have occurred as I am playing a family of 8 Sims in one house (Asylum challenge).  My other saves have 2 Sims in one house - and the game loads much quicker and doesn't have as many issues.

Message 1 of 2 (257 Views)

Re: Many random errors

Community Manager

Hi @TheSolidRequiem

Thanks for adding that information. There's a few different things going on there in your bug report. There might be an active bug report thread opened for each of these separate bugs that's being tracked already. You can locate those by checking the "Compiled list of reported issues", as well as using the search function. If there isn't an active thread dedicated to each of the bugs you're experiencing, please go ahead and create a new bug report per each individual bug. That way, we can track things easier and provide relevant info.

I'll lock this thread in the meantime so as not to split up the information from those dedicated bug reports. 

Thanks, 

EA_Lanna 

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 2 of 2 (204 Views)