Many Disentigrations not Working as Written

★★ Apprentice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPad
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? IPad Lro
OS Version 12.1.4
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 47588678r
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Summarize your bug When playing the Rebel Roundup Assault Battle the Many Disentigrations unique ability says that the character is supposed to get an “immediate bonus turn.” Sometimes when using the unique ability doesn't give the bonus turn, instead giving the turn to the next ally.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I suppose playing the event and attempting to use the unique Many Disentigrations and seeing if it gives the immediate bonus turn every time to the character using the ability
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country

I have a video that I attempted to attach, but I'm not sure it came through.  It's a screen capture video from my iPad and after attaching it says unsupported extension type

Also, I used Many Disentegrations then Bossk's Hunting Party during the bonus attack.  The enemy was defeated by the assisting toon during the attack.  Bossk's stack of Offense up did not increase.  The wording of Many Disentegrations says, “lf any enemy is defeated durning the bonus turn this character gains 20% Offense (stacking)...”. It did not seem to do that and the wording doesn’t seem to restrict the defeat to the character using the ability.  Unfortunately, I didn't get a video of this and my attempts are up for this event now.

Message 1 of 3 (337 Views)

Re: Many Disentigrations not Working as Written

Hi, @JayeLK56 thanks for the report!

When a character gets a "bonus turn", the game mechanics that generate the bonus turn just give that character 100% turn meter. I believe what you are seeing is that a Bounty Hunter uses the "Many Disintegrations" skill while Bossk is taunting from his "Predator Instincts" skill. Predator Instincts gives Bossk the buff Frenzy. Frenzy grants Bossk 100% turn meter whenever an ally uses a special ability - and Many Disintegrations counts as a special.

When two characters gain 100% turn meter at the same time (the BH who used MD and Bossk from Frenzy), the game randomly decides which one will get to go first.

The situation you describe sounds like Bossk was given the first turn. Since it is Bossk's turn - it doesn't count as the "Bonus turn" granted by Many Disintegrations - so enemies that die that turn shouldn't grant the stacking buffs.

Re: Many Disentigrations not Working as Written

★★ Apprentice

Thanks for the response.

I did review my video, and Bossk was taunting, Boba took the Many Disintegrations and got the Defense Penetration buff but the next turn went to Bossk.  After Bossk took his turn, Boba still had the Defense Penetration buff and 100% TM.  So when Boba took his next turn, and defeated an enemy, he got the extra stack of offense up.

Basically what is happening is that the Many Disintegrations is giving a buff to the character for one turn and setting the TM to 100%.  That's the conclusion of that character's turm.  If the RNG decides to give the next turn to another character at 100%TM, the original character still has the buff until the end of its next turn, and if it defeats an enemy while having the buff, it gets the stack increase.

This explains not getting the stack increase when an assisting character defeats the enemy, the assiting character doesn't have the buff, and, maybe, the original toon lost the buff when it took the first attack before the assist.

I say it explains the existing mechanic, but it does not agree with the wording of the special.  The character activating the Many Disintegrations “gets an immediate bonus turn”, not, “gets a unique buff for one turn and 100%TM.”

As to the second issue, I suppose you could argue that the original character's bonus turn ends before the assist so he shouldn't get the stack increase, but I would argue this interpretation doesn’t agree with the wording, “If any enemy is defeated during the bonus turn...”. It still seems to me that the bonus turn ends after all activity started by the bonus turn has concluded, not when the originating character has finished.

Again, thanks

Message 3 of 3 (300 Views)