Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NEEDS SAVES] [CONSOLE] Manage Households Screen Won't Close

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.64
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansion Packs: Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Island Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Snowy Escape, Cottage Living Game Packs: Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, StrangerVille, Dream Home Decorator, My Wedding Stories. Stuff Packs: Paranormal, Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living, Moschino, Laundry Day, Fitness, Bowling Night, Backyard, Vintage Glamour, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Cook Kitchen, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? One way I know for sure trigger this bug is to move a household from the "other households" tab to another lot. Then load the household to assign their beds (It's something I like to do for ever household in the game). Go back to manage worlds. Then as you put the household back into the "other households" folder, you can't close the manage household screen. At that point all you can do is save the game and then restart it.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sometimes. Not sure of all the ways to trigger it, but I know of one way when describing how to find the bug.
What do you expect to see? Not sure how it works in the PC version, but in the PlayStation version, you hit the circle button to close the household screen (B button for the Xbox version). When you hit it, it won't close and you really can't do much after that except edit households or save your game.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

It's just one of those annoying bugs that appeared since the July patch to prepare for the High School Years pack.  The only way to show how this bug is something with a screenshot is when you choose to move a household, the manage households screen will close itself so you can move the household into another lot.  When this bug is triggered, the household screen won't even close when trying to move another family and I took a screenshot of that.  Just look in the background in the bottom left-hand corner behind the household menu in the screenshot I took to see this is real.  What you see is not normal.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 6 (6,702 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can’t Exit Manage Households

EA Sims Team

Under investigation. Accepting as solution for visibility purposes only.

Hello.

Could someone share a video of the issue occurring (including what is happening before the issue occurs)?

Instructions here: http://x.ea.com/74420

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (4,392 Views)

All Replies

Re: Manage Households Screen Won't Close

★★ Novice
@ShemL44 Quick fix for anyone struggling with this, and thus are unable to save/close the game: If you go into CAS through the manage household menu, you should be able to open the options panel and click "go to manage worlds" while in CAS. It'll exit out of manage households Standard smile
Message 2 of 6 (5,061 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi there dear EA Games!

I have just the same problem, I found out about it yesterday, but I’m playing the base game on PS5. The manage households panel just won’t shut, no reaction for the O button, which should be the close/back button in every case. This is very frustrating, can you give me any solution?

I have no exp. packs or kits except the free ones. 

Thank you very much,

Lilla

Message 3 of 6 (4,661 Views)

EA Sims Team

Under investigation. Accepting as solution for visibility purposes only.

Hello.

Could someone share a video of the issue occurring (including what is happening before the issue occurs)?

Instructions here: http://x.ea.com/74420

Message 4 of 6 (4,393 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [CONSOLE] Manage Households Screen Won't Close

★★★ Newbie

Hey, so I encountered a similar bug on my PC Version, however it was fixed by exiting and restarting the game. I know it's very different from console to PC but to any Pc users with a similar issue, this is what worked for me. I was editing families in CAS and it took me to the Manage Households screen and the window would not close for whatever reason, however I think it's sorted itself out after a restart. Hope this helps someone!

Message 5 of 6 (3,300 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [CONSOLE] Manage Households Screen Won't Close

★ Apprentice

I have a similar issue on my PC version - whenever I move any household to another lot and then edit any household in CAS from Manage Worlds level, Manage Households Screen becomes unclosable and the only way to fix it is to restart the game. I checked it with all my mods taken out, so that's not the mod issue. Repairing the game doesn't fix it.

Message 6 of 6 (1,806 Views)