Re: Malfunctioning time counter

by EA_DragonsEye

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Malfunctioning time counter

★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPad
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPad Pro
OS Version iOS 12.2
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003574157144
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start a relationship standard action (not sure about the English words, here, but in my test I used the action that without «help» takes 4 hours). Check the time remaining. Open CAS and change clothes. Leave CAS. Check time remaining again. You will now have lost 6 minutes or so.
What do you expect to see? I expect not to loose time when changing appearences.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Europe
Country Norway
Additional feedback

I have for some time suspected that the time counter does not work right. It happens from time to time that my progress does not change when I do things (hit a bubble a perform the corresponding action). But I don’t know how to film what happens on the screen, so I can’t show, and it happens very irregularly, so I haven’t taken my time to take screen shots before and after every action I perform. But now, I notised that time was taken from my Sims when I changed their appearances. This I haven’t seen before. And it happend 3 times in a row (which of course is not enough to claim it happens 100% of the times, but you will forgive me for not continuing to test this...) Since there is no clock on the game screen, I guess you have to check the file time to see that the picture where the status says 2:34 is taken before the picture with status 2:40.

Message 1 of 11 (1,167 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Guide

So, just to let you know - I haven’t notised any timer problems this week. I’m not sure if this means the problem is solved, because as I’ve said before, I can’t see any pattern. I’m going to close this case as solved - for all I know, the new update has solved all our troubles 😉 - but I promise to film any strange behaviour should it ever happen again 🤗

View in thread

Message 11 of 11 (1,016 Views)

All Replies

Your image names didn't come through as you expected from what I can tell. I'm not sure if it works the same on an Apple device, but with Android, you can pull down the menu while in-game for it to show the actual time. 
I'll test in my game to see if I can reproduce the issue. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 11 (1,144 Views)

★★★ Guide
iPad doesn’t have that function.
I have changed clothes again, and the time error did not happen. But I lost the time effect of a risky action. On a long relationship event.
So it happens infrequent. No pattern as far as I can see. Unfortunately, I have no way of controlling what my WiFi is up to - should this be a connection problem, I mean.
Message 3 of 11 (1,131 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@KatlaStorm  Thank you for letting us know about this issue!
Have you noticed if the timer has not gone down after closing and reopening the game during this strange behavior?
Next time it happens to you, could you please try to get a screen recording with your iPad so we can get a look onto the issue?

Message 4 of 11 (1,057 Views)

★★★ Guide

Hi @EA_DragonsEye 

Thanks for answering!

I have endeed noticed stange behaivour when closing and reopening the game, but I wasn’t planning on letting you know, because it has been to my advantage 😁 

For example: I have a relationship event going and it’s 3-4 minutes left or something like that. I close the game just to check something else, and then reopen the game, after max 30 sec or so. And when I reopen, the event has finished. NICE! Maybe you don’t like? Hehe

I can try to record timer problems, when I have time in a couple of weeks or so 😊

Message 5 of 11 (1,040 Views)

★★★ Pro

I could not recreate this on my Android phone. I was doing a standard relationship with a family member went into CAS changed pants then came out and the timer did not change. 

Message 6 of 11 (1,025 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@KatlaStorm that would be great! thanks! 

Message 7 of 11 (992 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@KatlaStorm Do you remember when you last noticed this fast event behaviour? Standard smile 

Message 8 of 11 (947 Views)

★★★ Pro

What I think happened, is that the person put on an Izzy outfit that had a friendly trait and that person had a friendly trait, and that is probably why the counter went down. 

Message 9 of 11 (905 Views)

★★★ Guide

@SimGuruMaaike wrote:

@KatlaStorm Do you remember when you last noticed this fast event behaviour? Standard smile 

Hi

No, I’m sorry, I don’t remember when this happened. The thing is, I have seen strange timer behaviour several times, but I thought it would be pointless to report unless I could show it, which I thought I could with the pictures I posted (were you able to download them to see the file date and time?). This week is very busy, but I will try to make an video next week. Do you have any suggestions on how to record the screen on my iPad? What else, apart from date and time should I look for when these things happens? So far, I haven’t noticed any pattern.

Message 10 of 11 (864 Views)