Malevolence reinforcement bug on defense

★★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Motorola
OS Version 8.0.0
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 175-661-587
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Summarize your bug Hi, This bug benefited me but was strange, so I thought I should bring it to your attention. In the 4/14/2020 GAC I was facing off against 老green in the third round. They had placed the Malevolence on defense, which concerned me since I didn't have a good counter for it. I was able to win in my second battle because they started with an incomplete line up, despite having ships in reserve still. I will go into some more details below if you are interested. My first fight was somewhat dragged out and resulted in the defending fleet losing two ships, Sun Fac and Hounds Tooth. They called in a single reinforcement, and filled up the rest of their active ship slots with summoned vulture droids. When the battle was over it appears as though the game counted the summoned vulture droids as filling out the line up so it did not bring in a third ship, between battles, as normally(in my experience) happens. This made my second battle much easier since I was up against only two injured ships to start the battle, giving me an unfair advantage. They were only able to summon one other ship after the battle had started, but that did not help them much and the fight took only a little more than a minute to resolve. I don't know if this is considered important, game breaking, or even a bug, but I thought that I should bring it to your attention.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In a setup, then attack event, such as GAC or TW, attack a Malevolence that is on defense. Lose the battle, but end the battle with them having less than three actual ships on the field at the end of the battle. Make sure that the remainder of the five ship slots are full of summoned vulture droids. When you look at this team on defense to attack it again, you will likely see that it does not have three ships ready to defend itself. If not, then this might have been a one off fluke that benefited me.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States

https://swgoh.gg/p/175661587/gac-history/?gac=16&r=3

The result of this round as recorded by swgoh.gg

You can see that I defeated two ships in my first attack, but it does not clearly show that the second battle started with only two ships.

Sorry for the wall of text.  Thanks for taking the time to look at it.

TLDR: This bug reduces the viability of Malevolence on defense in some game modes.

Message 1 of 4 (304 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Malevolence reinforcement bug on defense

Community Manager (retired)
@OrionSmuggler Hey, thanks for raising this matter. I inquired about it with the design team and got confirmation that units which are summoned during a battle exist only within that specific battle and are not preserved between battle attempts in GAC and TW. Looks like this was the intended design.
Thank you.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (245 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)
@OrionSmuggler Hey, thanks for raising this matter. I inquired about it with the design team and got confirmation that units which are summoned during a battle exist only within that specific battle and are not preserved between battle attempts in GAC and TW. Looks like this was the intended design.
Thank you.
Message 2 of 4 (246 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Between fleet battles, isn't the game supposed to pull in reinforcements to fill the team back up to three ships?  That is what I have seen in the past.

Message 3 of 4 (226 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Or have I been mistaken this whole time?

Message 4 of 4 (225 Views)