Malak light side lock

★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Sam GS9
OS Version G965U1UES3CSAA
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) StellarTitan
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Summarize your bug I have Revan G12, 1 zeta, Mission G12, zeta; Zaalbar G12, Jolee G12 zeta, Bastila G12 zeta all have 6 dot mods .... I have watched 3 different videos where you should be able to beat Malak - I have done perfect runs taking out all four tanks without malak gaining any buffs and he still Annihilates Zaalbar then Mission - cannot revive with Jolee even though I can other times. I have had him down to 3 red bars and get killed. 2 red bars and get killed.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region North America
Country Usa

I have Revan G12, 1 zeta, Mission G12, zeta; Zaalbar G12, Jolee G12 zeta, Bastila G12 zeta all have 6 dot mods .... I have watched 3 different videos where you should be able to beat Malak - I have done perfect runs taking out all four tanks without malak gaining any buffs and he still Annihilates Zaalbar then Mission - cannot revive with Jolee even though I can other times. The videos have toons not as highly geared.  No Zetas on mission -  they dont even have Zaalbar.   I have also tried it with t3m4 he has a zeta too.  No dice.  I have tried for 3 days straight, even understanding at times you may not win, the RNG you could get lucky.  This is make EA look horrible , I dont mind a challenge.  It took me two days to beat the dark side.  But I did.

Message 1 of 6 (1,016 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Malak light side lock

EA Live QV Team

Hi @abc629599578 and thank you for the report.

Several players were able to complete the Light Side battle of the event, so it appears to work correctly. As for reviving with Jolee, he can only revive Jedi's, but not Old Republic allies. I hope this helps.

View in thread

Message 3 of 6 (987 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice

Also I have gotten  armor shred on Malak 4 every time I get and got 5 a few times but still could not beat it

Message 2 of 6 (1,010 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi @abc629599578 and thank you for the report.

Several players were able to complete the Light Side battle of the event, so it appears to work correctly. As for reviving with Jolee, he can only revive Jedi's, but not Old Republic allies. I hope this helps.

Message 3 of 6 (988 Views)

★ Novice

Sure several players were able to beat it... like I said there were videos - where they had toons with less than my squad.  I had more Zetas, I had all 6 dot mods, they beat it T3M4 when it recommend Mission, i used both mission and t3m4 and still. Couldn't beat it.  There was some sort of block - I have no clue when I spend 10 to 20 mins per match with more powerful squad and cannot beat it.  I played it for hours and hours each day.  Friday morning I was up at 2am and played for 4 hours, Saturday played 10 plus hours, and Sunday probably 12 to 13 hours.   My squad no matter what could not beat it.  When squads with less power did, makes no sense.  I have spent plenty of money with EA on this game.  And I will.not spend another dime until this is resolved of apologized for like the Tank raid when it first came out.   

I would understand if I had gear 10 toons and cant beat.  What's the point of farming or gearing up, using Zetas.  The RNG for who could win this was a slot machine not a game that has strategy that could be beat.  

Message 4 of 6 (960 Views)

The way this event was designed, there was considerably less RNG than events like the Chewie and C3PO legendary battles.

After beating it, the event had unlimited repeatability, so I practiced more to fine tune my strategy. Between some strategy videos and my advice from my testing, all players in my guild with the eligible toons were able to get Malak. Some of them barely had the 17,500 GP and mediocre mods.

Without seeing your actual runs, I can't diagnose what was going wrong, but this event was more strategy based than rng. I'm confident you'll be able to defeat it when it returns.

★ Novice

I was completely excited after Revan events, because I was farming and also spent my Crystal's wisely to be able to get my toons there... when Malak even finish I have been completely turned off from this game. 

After 3+ years of playing every day multiple times a day, leading a guild, I am so close to leaving the game completely.  There should be no reason why I couldn't  have beat it after multiple attempts, after watching videos on strategies, after adjusting mods.  Revan 21897 power, Bastila 22107 power, Jolee 20902 power, Mission 20328 power, Zaalbar 18342 power -  I didn't play it once or twice- I probably went through light side 80 times 

Again massively disappointed - I read that they based the math on how hard to set it based off how people spend money - they way they would spend more.   How convenient that there was $400 worth of gear for purchase too during this time.  

Message 6 of 6 (935 Views)