[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Nvidia GTX 1080 8GB Founder's Edition
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16GB DDR4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? RedNuker
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. dagnoli
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Bloodhound
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Lifeline, Wraith
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Don't remember exact location, this happened next to a building left center of map
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. I was dead, one teammate had my respawn beacon. He went to revive my other squadmate. After squadmate was revived his entire UI was bugged. When I was spectating him, it was glitched/bugged out. When I spectated the other person who had revived him, his UI appeared fine and he was able to move and respawn me with my beacon. The other guy couldn't move or see while I was spectating.
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? Don't remember
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 07.02.19 02:02:28 EST
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? While I was spectating, one of my squadmates UI was entirely bugged and it appeared that he was stuck and couldn't see. I'm not 100% he experienced the visual bug, but he did not appear to be able to move in any direction until after I respawned and was no longer spectating him. Major impact to gameplay as he could have been killed. I will say that it did appear to get fixed when I respawned and was no longer spectating.
What should be happening instead? After my teammate was revived, his visual screen should have been fine and I should have been able to clearly see his view.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not entirely sure, but it happened while one player was downed, one was alive and I was completely dead and spectating. Occurred next to a wall.

The spectator bug was on PC. This is a clip of the bug when it happened, I was already spectating at this point watching one of my teammates revive the other:

https://streamable.com/p2qs9

This is what happened after I respawned. It appears that the bug went away after I respawned as my squadmate that was bugged/glitched/stuck was able to move and play again. We went on to win the match, but this bug seriously affected the game.

Respawning seems to fix the bug:

https://streamable.com/tbxu5

Squad win after bug, lucky we didn't die during glitch:

https://streamable.com/6s8ii

Hope you guys can fix this. Besides this, no issues. Awesome game you have here. 

Message 1 of 8 (1,919 Views)

Re: Major Spectator Bug

★ Novice
This person seems to have experienced the same issue (Posted on reddit)

https://streamable.com/gdvj4
Message 2 of 8 (1,899 Views)

Strange Screen Bug While Spectating After Teammate Revived

★ Guide

AMD or Nvidia Model Number AMD FX-8350
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16GB
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Phantasm_7
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. See image.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Pathfinder
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Bangalore and Gibraltar
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Near Skull Town.
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. I was spectating my teammate playing
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? Many.
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 17.02.19 23:58
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Minor impact to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? See attached image. I was downed, waiting for banner recovery. I was spectating Bangalore as they revived Gibraltar after firing off the smoke Q ability for cover. Upon finishing the revive, the screen went to what is shown in the attached image. It did not go back to normal even when my teammates were downed and our squad was eliminated.
What should be happening instead? Spectating should continue normally.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure, but I would imagine it has something to do with spectating options upon revived of a downed squad mate.

I was downed and waiting for banner recovery. When Bangalore revived Gibraltar after firing smoke, I got the following screen. Regular spectating was not able to be resumed and eventually my squad was eliminated. Very interesting.

Message 3 of 8 (1,844 Views)

Broken spectator mode in Apex Legends

★★★ Newbie

This bug happened when I died and I was spectating one of my squadmates. I tried switching between who I spectated on my squadmates because maybe that would fix it, but everytime I go back to spectating this squadmate, this appears. Spectating my other squadmate was normal.

Message 4 of 8 (2,088 Views)

Bug in Spectator Mode

★★ Novice

AMD or Nvidia Model Number Nvidia GTX 1080Ti
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16 GB
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Waldmannlein
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Spectator
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Spectator Mode
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 4
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 19.02.19 6:20 AM
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
How severe is your issue? Little to no impact to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? When in Spectator Mode there is a chance that when the player you are spectating revives a fellow player, the screen freezes for a moment. After the moment passes, the screen is doesn't display correctly. Instead every motion leaves an imprint of itself on the screen, until the whole thing becomes jumbled with random pixels.
What should be happening instead? Spectator Mode should function as you intended
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Watch matches where people try and revive their team members.

I didn't take a screen shot, but i re-created an example:

Message 5 of 8 (1,852 Views)

Nice Visual Spectate Bug...

★ Guide

If you want us to record videos of the other players...  How about this?  Fix your spectator bug!Visual Spectate Bug.jpg

Message 6 of 8 (1,854 Views)

Re: Nice Visual Spectate Bug...

Community Manager

Thank you for reporting this! I moved some of your posts into this one so we have it all under the same place.

Does anyone notice a trend on when this happens?

• Does it happen when you play as a specific Legend?
  • Does it happen when you are spectating a specific Legend?
  • Are you aware if it's due to a specific video/game setting you recently enabled?
  • Please list any third party programs/Overlays you're running in the background.

If you can attach a recorded clip next time this happens that would help our QA team identify what's triggering this to happen. 5 minutes leading up to it is sufficient. We'll make sure it's raised up to the Apex Legends team. 

Blueberry.png
Message 7 of 8 (1,833 Views)

Re: Nice Visual Spectate Bug...

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Good morning! :eahigh_file: This doesn't happen with any specific character.  This issue happens when a player is resurrected.  I want to say this happens about 1 out of every 5 players?  This is just an estimate and not a specific number.  I tend to watch players more often because of my skill level...  which is horrific (laughs)! Frown I've seen this happen several times.

I've noticed that my teammates tend to leave immediately instead of sticking around.  I pug a lot, so there is no reason for me to jump the gun and leave immediately.

Edit: Update! Standard smile  Just happened 2 times within one round.  If you want to, make an alternative account Blueberry, then just die?  The whole spooky affect will eventually happen.  Wink  I don't use GeForce Experience.  It slows down the computer and it an unnecessary program to use.  I don't use any of the Origin in game stuff either.  It's the same thing.  An added feature that just adds more latency and bogs down the computer.

Message 8 of 8 (1,785 Views)