Major Server Rubber Banding/Lag

by ScarletCascade

Original Post

Re: Major Server Rubber Banding/Lag

★★★★ Novice

I'm on PS4 and he issue is persisting despite the patch, rubber banding happening every 5 to 10 min like clock work, withe over 100mbs internet clocking on my side. the only place don't experience it is when in the fort 

Message 11 of 20 (894 Views)

★ Novice

This rubberbanding is really annoying i thought its our internet but its not we have the best router and modem u can buy and we get the gigablast speed we test it regularly its not on our end. It make the game impossable to play when it does this i die quite often because of the rubber banding plz fix soon 

Message 12 of 20 (882 Views)

★★ Novice

same issue,same platform(xbox one s),it's unplayable for a week now....I'm about to give up on this game and move on.

Message 13 of 20 (876 Views)

★ Apprentice

If you are on PC, this might make the game at least "playable"...

If you have these problems:

• Unresponsive keyboard and mouse
  • Very choppy gameplay
  • "lagging" but your internet connection is fine
  • Keep moving in the same direction (into a wall)
  • Gets worse as the game gets more intense
  • Then eventually you just freeze, or game crashes

What may be causing this:

• CPU is running at 100% (even with graphics turned way down)
  • Computer has no reserves for other functions
  • Mouse and/or keyboard cut-out

Solution! (Sorry it's not too simple)...

1. Open Task Manager (Ctrl + Alt + Del) > Task Manager
  2. Anthem has to be running so it appears on the Task Manager (Alt + Tab if needed)
  3. Go to Details (either goto tab details, or right click Anthem > Go to details)
  4. In the Details list > Right click Anthem again
  5. Click Set affinity (this will list ALL of your computer's CPU currently used to run Anthem)
  6. Unclick at least ONE CPU (the goal is get you CPU below 100%)
  7. It will take about 10 seconds for the CPU % to adjust (be a little patient)
  8. If you notice other processes are consuming CPU, use the same steps above to lower those as well.
  9. Once your TOTAL CPU is not staying at 100% (even 96% works), then alt+tab back into Anthem!

TIPS:

• IMPORTANT: You have to do this EVERY time you restart Anthem (it gets easier)
  • Due to less CPU usage, you may have to decrease graphical settings
  • Can't blame the "lag" anymore for dying
  • The game still needs to fix this, but at least this allows me to play in the meantime!
  • If you're confident the CPU usage stays under 100% then you can close Task Manager

Hope this helps if you're having the same problem! Enjoy playing!

- Hallomoon

Message 14 of 20 (872 Views)

★★★★ Novice

What's causing this? And how do you fix it?

Message 15 of 20 (861 Views)

★ Guide

This has been happening to me on a regular basis on PS4.

Message 16 of 20 (855 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've been having this problem since starting the game whenever I am out of Fort Tarsis. The servers were down for maintenance today for 2 hours, I hoped this might fix it but my next attempt to play felt even worse if anything. Seriously ruining what cooks be a really enjoyable game. 

Message 17 of 20 (847 Views)

★ Novice

Has annoying heard anything or is this fixed like AT ALL!? I literally bought the game a day ago and barn first thing rubber banding and still does it after the intro I don’t have this in any other game online.

Message 18 of 20 (829 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

i noticed the rubber banding recently to i read above how someone changed to a wired internet connection and it fixed it so as i had a wifi extender already in my room i found a Ethernet cable and plugged my xbox one into it so i now have a wired connection and played for about an hour yesterday with a wired connection and the rubber banding vanished so im thinking its a wireless issue on anthems part so if you can id suggest trying a wired connection to see if it fixed the rubber banding for you to till they figure out a fix

(if interested i have a netgear extender this one to be exact the AC750 vertion https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00XYEPLXU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 i recommend it because when i had my xbox connected to wi-fi i was getting like 30-40 mbps and when i have it wired into the netgear extender i get 80-90mbps obvs this would depend on your max download speed of your provider but turned out very worth it for me )

generally i have my computer and my xbox both plugged into extenders via Ethernet cables  as i get the fastest download speeds this way but recently unplugged my xbox so my tv could have a wired connection and forgot to re plug my xbox back in 

Message 19 of 20 (678 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@xXIStarLordIXx If you’re using a WiFi extender to attach your ethernet cable, you’re still on WiFi, but probably the extender's transmitter/receiver is better than your Xbox's internal one. The extender might also communicate with on a faster WiFi band. Not sure what band/ Xbox uses.

Anyway, glad you managed to get a better signal that helped fix your issues. It’s definitely a good tip for others to try and probably fairly inexpensive.

I fixed my pilot loading errors in a similar way, but finally the best solution was running actual ethernet cable from my second story room directly to the modem/router on the ground floor. No more WiFi. Now I only have occasional errors like that. And I blame them on AT&T 'cause.... AT&T. 😂
Message 20 of 20 (639 Views)