Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number EVGA SUPERCLOCKED NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX TITAN X 12GB
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16 GB
Please select your region North America
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? Yes
What Javelin were you using when the issue occurred? Ranger
What type of Expedition were you on when the issue occurred? Freeplay
What was your Expedition team makeup? Random Freelancers
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. It's happened while attempting to load into missions and while I'm actually on missions. I have crashed a minimum of 8-10 times tonight while trying to play the game. I was having these same issues during the beta tests. Both open and closed for Anthem.
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 15.02/19 CST
Summarize your bug If I am loading into a mission the game will screen will go back and stall. I have to alt-tab or alt-F4 out of the game where I am greeted with a Direct X error telling me that that video card has come loose or something else along those lines. I've checked, not the case. Updated to latest drivers. Uninstalled my drivers entirely, reinstalled, etc. Nothing has helped.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game and try to do a mission.
What happens when the bug occurs? Black screen if I haven't loaded into the mission. Stalls. Forced to restart/alt-tab or alt-f4. If it happens during a mission I can hear the sound and actually "move" but I can't see anything. Screen goes black and finally crashes out with the direct x error after a few seconds.
What should be happening instead? Actually playing the game.

This has been an issue since day one during the private testing phase in January. I've looked this up on the internet and it seems to be an almost exclusive issue related to games using the Frostbite Engine. I've tested Witcher 3 on ultra settings and all additional features on. Works perfectly fine after playing the game for 3+ hours. Also tested Total War Warhammer 2 on ultra graphics and upwards of 4000 units on the field. No lag, no issues. Played through 2 hours of a campaign and multiple battles.

Yet I can't get through 1-2 missions of Anthem without this happening. I have downloaded the latest drivers. I have changed my resolution. I have tried different monitors. I have done everything to get this to work. As it stands right now, I basically can't play the game and it's obnoxious as all hell. Game will black out (I can still hear sound and I can actually move but can see nothing), I have to alt-tab out and kill Anthem to remedy the issue. I've had upwards of 6 crashes. All related to Direct X function issues and this game.

Specs:
GPU: EVGA SUPERCLOCKED NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX TITAN X 12GB
CPU: i7-5930k 3.50GHz
RAM: 16GB DDR4 2133MHz

Message 1 of 7 (320 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Major Bug - Constant Crashing

★★ Novice

Same card and it says the drivers might be the issue in the error. I guess we need a new driver update. 

Message 2 of 7 (295 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

I think I finally found the issue. I started to look into clock speeds with that particular version of the video card. I downloaded MSI Afterburn and changed my clock speeds, I had to reduce the GPU clock by almost 200 MHz to finally get the game to stop crashing. So far so good. I've run a couple of missions and it's not crashing on me anymore.
Message 3 of 7 (282 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

the core clock or memory clock? Both miine say zero currently...

Message 4 of 7 (270 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice
The core clock. Start pulling it back and go to like -14 or -20. The clock speeds should show between 1000-1200, where as mine was like 1400-1500 base.
Message 5 of 7 (258 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

Thanks. I will try that for tomorrow  

Message 6 of 7 (242 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

I had this issue too.   another possible Solution is to run Geforce Experience and run Custom settings.   change the Display Mode to Windowed Borderless and then Launch Anthem from the Geforce Experience games launcher exclusively.

Message 7 of 7 (155 Views)
Twitter Stream