Magna guard wont count towards "i protected you" feat in GAC

★ Apprentice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Galaxy s8
OS Version 7
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 687339795
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug "I protected you" GAC feat not fully earned because magnaguard "self destructs" when defeated, and didnt count.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use a rebel fight to defeat magna guard and see that it doesnt count towards the GAC feat
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region North America
Country UsA

I used mon motha, with biggs and wedge to defeat magna guard and droideka under count dooku, and only ended up with 2 defeated enemies after the match.  I earned another 3 using cara dune, lando, and chirrut.  Being how this feat is based on how many enemies are defeat by a rebel fight and that mon motha is not an offensive character, it shouldnt matter that she doesnt have a "rebel tag" as she wouldnt be able to actually defeat any characters.  

I am only guessing that i didnt get the full 3 defeating enemies because magnaguard self destructs when he is "defeated" which really shouldnt prevent it from counting towards the feat, as he automatically takes a useless extra turn when he gets to 1 health, then dies.

Screenshot_20210609-103542_Heroes.jpg
Screenshot_20210609-104735_Heroes.jpg
Message 1 of 3 (262 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Magna guard wont count towards "i protected you" feat in GAC

EA Live QV Team

Hi there @russdpipes and thanks for the report.

We have confirmed with the team that this is working as intended and not a bug.

Defeating MagnaGuard will not count towards this feat as he is technically defeating himself.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (242 Views)

All Replies

EA Live QV Team

Hi there @russdpipes and thanks for the report.

We have confirmed with the team that this is working as intended and not a bug.

Defeating MagnaGuard will not count towards this feat as he is technically defeating himself.

Message 2 of 3 (243 Views)

★ Apprentice

I understand that that is what happened, as that is exactly what I said happened. Im glad you confirmed it, but i dont think its fair that i should held back from achieving this feat based on a "technicality" with a character kit mechanics.  While magna guard technically defeats himself, it  doesnt happen spontaneously without effort on my behalf.

Saying this is "working as intended" is basically saying "EA is intentionally screwing over players from achieving this feat on specific characters" especially if magna guard is a special case and makes it impossible to earn feats from destroying it.  I think it should be well advertised that these special circumstances  dont count towards the feat, especially when i planned out my GAC to use them (successfully) on offense specifically to get this feat.

I understand magna guard "defeats himself", but using that as a technicality to withhold achieving a feat is extremely pedantic. It shouldnt matter one way or the other, whether i defeated him, or got him to destroy himself, it still happened because of my actions.

There is also a similar technicality that prevents GAS from achieving the GC feat of "not using more than 6 special abilities" because his basic uses telekinesis immediately afterwards and counts as a special ability instead of being part of his basic

Message 3 of 3 (230 Views)