Magic / Paranormal Conflict

by CptnVanderbeam

Original Post

Magic / Paranormal Conflict

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Journey to Batuu and Kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Be a wizard/magician and a paranormal investigator
What happens when the bug occurs? Extreme lag and character instruction glitch
What do you expect to see? The entire world will lag and the sim will refuse instruction
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I picked up the Paranormal pack recently and played it for a while just focusing on its content. After a while, I decided to turn my sim into a magic-user and began experiencing issues almost immediately. The mix of the "Realm of Magic" feature and "Paranormal" features does not work well. And I have a pretty decent system. 

I would say the most notable/easiest to replicate is the cauldron on a haunted lot issue. If you're making a potion and ghosts spawn, it glitches and interrupts the process. I'll stop working on the potion and my Sim will do ANYTHING but resume work on the potion, even after getting rid of the ghosts on the lots. I have a few small windows I can successfully make a potion so I have to really shove in a lot of potions during that time. 

The worst issue is probably the lag. OH MY, GOD: THE LAG. I even reset my computer and it worked well for a while until I did something magical. Once magical actions are instructed, lag begins. Even in an inspection where I would drink a "Needs" potion, it would begin to lag. It's near unbearable, acting like I'm running on like 4 \gb of RAM and not 18 or 32 (I tested it on two machines). 

There is a clear association with Magic and Paranormal when it comes to bugs/lagging/general gameplay issues. 

Message 1 of 4 (392 Views)

Re: Magic / Paranormal Conflict

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file with me where you've seen it occur? Your Config.log file (located in \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4) would also be helpful. You can DM me the link to your files, thanks so much!

Instructions for sending me files: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 2 of 4 (289 Views)

★★★ Guide

My game is always laggy so I can't confirm that part, but the interrupted potions is definitely an issue. They never resume it. It has to be discarded. There's no other option. I ended up deleting the cauldron because it was too troublesome.

Message 3 of 4 (282 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@ArcherAngelo I had to permanently disable Paranormal. It's too severely heavy on the CPU, made the game unplayable. Even with it disabled, I still have severe lag drops in build/buy mode. Drops from 60+ to <10 the second I hit F2 or F3 to go into build/buy mode.
Message 4 of 4 (276 Views)