Madden 23 Series X Crashing

by E_SmileLDS

Original Post

Re: Madden 23 Series X Crashing

★★★ Newbie

I too am experiencing this. Was just playing in franchise mode and the ps5 just shut off. This happened 2 nights ago and i had to uplug the ps5 and plug it in again just for it to turn on. 

Message 41 of 217 (1,145 Views)

Re: Madden 23 Series X Crashing

★★ Novice

went to gamestop to get a replacement game and that didn’t work. i can’t even load up to the main menu without it freezing and crashing. just going to give up and move on at this point.

Message 42 of 217 (1,135 Views)

Re: Madden 23 freeze and crash every gamemode

★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Illium  it’s clearly that everybody is having the same issue In different consoles there are a lot of tickets about this! We can’t sign with new teams in franchise mode as the game crashes! It shuts down! it goes straight to PS menu to select the game we want to play! We need a fix for this ASAP please!

Message 43 of 217 (1,123 Views)

Madden 23 crashing on Xbox series x

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: Madden NFL 23
Platform:Xbox Series X
Which console generation do you have? Microsoft Xbox Series X
What is your gamertag/PSN ID?
Date/time issue occurred Constantly
What type of issue do you have? Crash/Freeze
Which mode has this happened in? Face of the Franchise
Summarize your bug The game crashes out during playing. This happened with madden 22 as well. Every other game works fine on the console except this
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play any game and it will eventually crash out
What happens when the bug occurs? Either crash out to Xbox dashboard or full Xbox system shut down
What do you expect to see? It not to happen
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card?
Enter RAM memory size in GB

This bug is making the game unplayable 

Message 44 of 217 (1,289 Views)

★ Apprentice

@machocuzz wrote:

Me too but mines started with madden 22 after the October patch on ps4. Was back and forth with ea and i haven't played a full game since October of last year. Pre ordered Madden 23 early yesterday morning and downloaded it. Got off work got home as soon as the countdown clock hit 0.00. And just like Madden 22 everything works fine until its gameplay time then freezing non stop. Couldn't even finish the legacy game because of the freezing. So i deleted it and its data and reinstalled it and the samething freezing after every play. I bought 2 other games yesterday with Madden and they work perfectly but not madden. Last year i lost money on madden this year im getting my money back

I have not seen another person having the same EXACT issue as me in two years. I am also on PS5 and have had this same issue on madden since last year. Only madden ps5 version. PS4 works fine. Ps5 menus work fine, but once you enter gameplay it freezes before kick off. Game audio is still present and PS OS still works. But game eventually crashes. I haven’t been able to play madden either. I shouldn’t have to settle for the PS4 version. Here is a video of my now “annual” headache. 

https://youtu.be/64-FuwbOu5A

Message 45 of 217 (1,292 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the exact same problem on PS5! 

I tried to reach EA help over twitter and they sent me here. Here nobody answers. 

By the way it should be made clear EA that this Error (at least for me) only happens with Madden 23 PS5 version. All other games run fine. 

This needs to be fixed as soon as possible, otherwise I will be asking for a refund. 

Message 46 of 217 (1,273 Views)

★★★★ Novice

You know what would be nice? Having someone from EA at least say they are working on it. Just acknowledging the issue would be nice.

Message 47 of 217 (1,262 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: Madden NFL 23
Platform:PlayStation 5
Which console generation do you have? Sony PlayStation 5
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? HBTFDawgs
Date/time issue occurred Since August of 2021
What type of issue do you have? Crash/Freeze
Which mode has this happened in? Play Now
Summarize your bug Only one particular game franchise crashing- only in gameplay (PS5 version only) My PS5 has ran smoothly since I purchased December 2020 except for running one particular game. Last year I pre ordered digital version of Madden ‘22 and everything worked fine in the menus, but as soon as it got into actual gameplay, the game would freeze, crash, and show CE-108255-1. The OS still works and the game audio is still working before crashing. The crazy part is that the PS4 version worked fine. I even tried to buy the disc version to no avail. My warranty was expired so I settled to play the PS4 version. Fast forward a year later and I ignorantly thought it was a fluke since I have played numerous games with zero issue since. I once again pre order Madden ‘23, and it did the exact same thing. I can’t even get through the epilogue game you have to play to open the main menu. It freezes as soon as gameplay begins. Only this game. I did all troubleshooting from settings adjustments, changing monitors, different cables, reinstalling software, rebuilding database, reinstalling the game, all the way to removing the fan and cleaning with compressed air. I read a few posts about issues stemming from clogged PSU, but most of them had their entire systems crashing. Since it’s one game, it has happened in consecutive years, and it happens on other consoles, I’m 100% convinced this is an EA/EA Play account related issue.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Enter any form of Madden (PS5 version) gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Game freezes with audio continuing, PlayStation OS still functional. Eventually crashes and asks if I would like to report.
What do you expect to see? Someone wake up and do something. I shouldn’t have to settle for the ps4 version.
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card?
Enter RAM memory size in GB

Message 48 of 217 (1,248 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've since taken my old One X and installed the regular version trial on the console. It's working fine. So, I've figured out that it's either the XSX version of the game or my console. I guess the next step would be to factory reset the console.

Message 49 of 217 (1,239 Views)

★ Apprentice
@ACFusion14 So you’re current gen version is playable, but not the next gen? I’m in the same boat.
Message 50 of 217 (1,233 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help