Madden 23 Series X Crashing

by E_SmileLDS

Original Post

Re: Madden 23 freeze and crash every gamemode

★ Apprentice

Yep. This is perfect. My xbox is doing this exactly. Been doing this to 22 and 23. Game is not playable.  I’m thinking it’s my xbox and taking it to Best Buy to service when in actuality it’s probably EA. So I will send it to get serviced, play xbox one for 2 weeks just to have the same issue when I get back. Had this console 9 months.  Keep all of my equipment in hood shape. Still have my original 1 TB xbox. 

Message 31 of 217 (1,497 Views)

Madden 23 Series X Crashing

★ Novice

Product: Madden NFL 23
Platform:Xbox Series X
Which console generation do you have? Microsoft Xbox Series X
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? HunterDGr8
Date/time issue occurred Since game release
What type of issue do you have? Crash/Freeze
Which mode has this happened in? Play Now
Summarize your bug It says play now, but it has happened in every mode from MUT, superstar KO, franchise (cloud and offline), and Face of the Franchise. At a random point during about 90% of the matches, I play the game will randomly crash and send me to my Xbox Home Screen. I have tried so much as to fix my NAT type, uninstalling the game (I’ve probably done this about 10 times) clearing Cache and Save data, I have gone so far as factory resetting my Xbox removing all my accounts and games, and yet still nothing has worked. I’m unsure as to why this is only happening to me so consistently when my friends have had no trouble whatsoever. I don’t crash in any other games except this one. This isn’t new to me though. At the beginning of last year, I had the exact same problem and just decided not to play last year. I’m hoping that by posting this that someone at EA will understand what I’m dealing with and try to fix this.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Only certain people are affected.
What happens when the bug occurs? Crashes the game and sends me to the home screen
What do you expect to see? I expect to play a full match without crashing
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card?
Enter RAM memory size in GB

Product: Madden NFL 23
Platform:Xbox Series X
Which console generation do you have? Microsoft Xbox Series X
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? HunterDGr8
Date/time issue occurred August 15- Current Day
What type of issue do you have? Crash/Freeze
Which mode has this happened in? Play Now
Summarize your bug It says play now, but it has happened in every mode from MUT, superstar KO, franchise (cloud and offline), and Face of the Franchise. At a random point during about 90% of the matches, I play the game will randomly crash and send me to my Xbox Home Screen. I have tried so much as to fix my NAT type, uninstalling the game (I’ve probably done this about 10 times) clearing Cache and Save data, I have gone so far as factory resetting my Xbox removing all my accounts and games, and yet still nothing has worked. I’m unsure as to why this is only happening to me so consistently when my friends have had no trouble whatsoever. I don’t crash in any other games except this one. This isn’t new to me though. At the beginning of last year, I had the exact same problem and just decided not to play last year. I’m hoping that by posting this that someone at EA will understand what I’m dealing with and try to fix this.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game
What happens when the bug occurs? Kicks me to Home Screen and closes the game.
What do you expect to see? The game not crashing

Message 32 of 217 (1,313 Views)

Re: Madden 23 Series X Crashing

★★★ Newbie

Happens to me also

Message 33 of 217 (1,292 Views)

Re: Madden 23 Series X Crashing

★★★ Newbie

Can u fix this issue I got my money back,and won’t buy again until this trash issue is resolved,pay too much money for this!!! Get it together 

Message 34 of 217 (1,278 Views)

Re: Xbox Series X Crashing Just like in Madden 2022

★★ Novice

It's not just XBOX, it does the same on PS5. I paid for a game (2 years in a row) only to not be able to play it. So disappointing and frustrating and there is no fix. I'm a legacy player, been playing since Madden20. IM DONE WITH EA AND MADDEN. They continue to not address this because I guess because we are a small minority of people who experience this. Enjoy 2k23 I guess...so stupid Frown

Message 35 of 217 (1,421 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Illium My Xbox shuts off mid game during madden also. Only game this happens with.
Message 36 of 217 (1,402 Views)

Re: Madden KEEPS CRASHING PLEASE HELP🙏🏻

★★★ Novice
@FrenchyUban Same here whole Xbox shuts off. Such bs after all the money I wasted
Message 37 of 217 (1,401 Views)

★★★ Novice
@alphonsefonzi Call Xbox it’s easy if you still under warranty it’s like a year from your buy date
Message 38 of 217 (1,390 Views)

★★★ Novice
@JAHLOVE2217 Has anyone tried a different gamer tag? Does it happen with them all?
Message 39 of 217 (1,382 Views)

Re: Crash to dashboard

★★ Novice

this is the error message i get simply because my game freezes 

Message 40 of 217 (1,335 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help