★★★★ Novice

Product: Madden NFL 23
Platform:Xbox Series X
Which console generation do you have? Microsoft Xbox Series X
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? EsmileLDS
Date/time issue occurred 8/15/2022
What type of issue do you have? Crash/Freeze
Which mode has this happened in? Play Now
Summarize your bug I can't get past the legacy game or any game, when loading the legacy game it will crash and freeze, I tried reinstalling it and the rematch game wouldn't load either. I tried by passing the legacy game and it immediately crashes when I click anything
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Load the game and try going into games
What happens when the bug occurs? Freezes, the screen turns all these colors and then it crashes
What do you expect to see? The game to work
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card?
Enter RAM memory size in GB

I tried restarting the console, Uninstaller and reinstalling it, I can use the menus but anytime I go into a game it crashes, it's really disappointing that I paid extra money to get the game early and it doesn't work.

Message 1 of 217 (15,215 Views)

Re: Madden 23 freeze and crash every gamemode

Community Manager

Hi @E_SmileLDS To confirm do you get any message with the crash?

Also when you have a moment can you try the following?

• Change power-saving options 
  • Close other running games or apps, (for Series X|S also close others running in quick resume) 
  • Remove any connected device, or additional USB's from the console then restart the Xbox and check
  • Check for updates 
  • Change DNS settings (You can use the public google DNS primary: 8.8.8.8, secondary: 8.8.4.4, unless there is a different DNS you would rather use)  
  • Persistent Storage 
    • Go to settings > Select Device & Connections > Then Blue-Ray 
    • Select Persistent Storage > Clear Persistent Storage 
  • Alternate Mac: 
    • Go to settings > Select General  > Then Network settings 
    • Go to advanced settings > Alternate Mac address > Select clear 
    • Select restart 
  • Check for additional content 
    • Press the Xbox "X" button on your controller > Select My Games and Apps 
    • Under Games, scroll to your game and press Start 
    • Select Manage Game and add ons > Select the Game (will shows version) on the right (top choice of the three) 
    • Then Manage Installation on Xbox one > Should show additional downloads and files if needed 

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 217 (15,178 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I receive no error messages and I went ahead and tried all your suggestions and it still crashes

Message 3 of 217 (15,135 Views)

Community Manager
@E_SmileLDS Is the game installed on the internal storage or an external drive?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 4 of 217 (15,059 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It's on internal I don't have the external, what I thinking is since no one else seems to be having a problem with it its a console issue, and there have been reports of series x crashing in a lot of games and that seems to be the case. Like I can't even run the xbox one edition for a lot of games on the series x, like this game, the last madden or 2k. So I sent my Xbox in for servicing. It just sucks cause I paid for the pre-order content and I'm not gonna be able to play it now.

Message 5 of 217 (15,049 Views)

Xbox Series X Crashing Just like in Madden 2022

★★ Novice

I once again can't play another year of Madden just because it keeps shutting off my series X every other game has worked since the release of Madden 2022 and here we are Madden 23 and the crashing begins once again...  I've tried everything the internet has thrown at other people with this issue last year and it never worked so I am guessing nothing will work again this year. why the heck can't EA get the Xbox series X to run this game.....so disappointing.

Message 6 of 217 (14,671 Views)

Re: Xbox Series X Crashing Just like in Madden 2022

Community Manager

Hey @jr0ck12 can we try going through the following and check if this continues?

• Remove then Readd Gamer Tag to console 
  • Change power-saving options 
  • Close other running games or apps, (for Series X|S also close others running in quick resume) 
  • Remove any connected device, or additional USB's from the console then restart the Xbox and check
  • Check for updates 
  • Change DNS settings (You can use the public google DNS primary: 8.8.8.8, secondary: 8.8.4.4, unless there is a different DNS you would rather use)  
  • Persistent Storage 
    • Go to settings > Select Device & Connections > Then Blue-Ray 
    • Select Persistent Storage > Clear Persistent Storage 
  • Alternate Mac: 
    • Go to settings > Select General  > Then Network settings 
    • Go to advanced settings > Alternate Mac address > Select clear 
    • Select restart 
  • Check for additional content 
    • Press the Xbox "X" button on your controller > Select My Games and Apps 
    • Under Games, scroll to your game and press Start 
    • Select Manage Game and add ons > Select the Game (will shows version) on the right (top choice of the three) 
    • Then Manage Installation on Xbox one > Should show additional downloads and files if needed 

Illium.png

Message 7 of 217 (14,643 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having this issue on PS5 as well. Also the game kicked out of the EA sever and now it tells me connection failed. You guys took our money and this is not what I paid for.I would like to know what's going on here, and if I need to sony to start refunding my money because if I can't play during my early access I want that price refunded the difference of just the standard game. 

Message 8 of 217 (14,999 Views)

★ Novice

I'm also having this issue on XSX.  Mine I'd just the trial through EA Access.

Message 9 of 217 (14,925 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same and I have it installed under internal storage.

Message 10 of 217 (14,853 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help