★★★ Newbie

Product: Madden NFL 22
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which console generation do you have? Microsoft Xbox One
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? Coley2Swoley
Date/time issue occurred 3/7/22
What type of issue do you have? Crash/Freeze
Which mode has this happened in? Online head to head
Summarize your bug Every single time I try to play online head to head with one of my Xbox friends, right when the game loads in and we’re about to have kickoff it says your opponent lost connect vice versa for my friend. Every other game we have works with flying colors online so it’s not my connection, I just purchased madden 22 hoping it was just my madden 21 game but it’s just all maddens. I am extremely disappointed as it seems I bought it for nothing. I need this problem fixed ASAP I didn’t buy this game for it to crash and bring me back to the Home Screen every single time I try to play online head to head with Xbox friends. Fortnite works great, madden should too.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make online head to head stop crashing every single time I try to play it.
What happens when the bug occurs? It says opponent lost connection and brings me to Home Screen
What do you expect to see? A fix.
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card?
Enter RAM memory size in GB

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Madden 22 crashes every time I load into online head to head. 

I need this fixed.

Message 2 of 6 (1,105 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Madden 22 crashes in online head to head

Community Manager

@C2frio  @cluesman 

When you visit profile.ea.com do you see more than one Gamertag under Connections?

If you don't, is the friend you're trying to play with have two or more Gamertags showing up there?

There should only be one Gamertag and PSN ID per EA account. We've seen players experience errors when more than one is linked to an account. If you unlink it and then sign into an EA game with that Gamertag in order to link it up to a new EA account, we've seen the errors disappear for the primary account.

Information on how to unlink accounts and the risks behind it can be found here

https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/unlink-gaming-accounts-from-ea-account/

Blueberry.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 6 (1,039 Views)

All Replies

Issues I've never experienced before in Madden 22 for Xbox One

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

For the past 2 days I've been having issues with Madden 22 that I've never had before but make the game unplayable. Every time I begin the searching process for online games Madden crashes for no reason. I've tried tons of troubleshooting things I've found online for Madden, my Xbox, and my internet. My Xbox runs everything else completely fine and so does my internet, I've uninstalled an reinstalled Madden, deleted save files, etc. Still no fix, I can't play any online games in Madden and can't find a reason why. I've mostly had the issue when searching for games in online franchises because that's the mode I've played the most, but last night I tried playing online head to head with my friend and every time I tried to send or accept an invite the game crashed. I don't know what the issue could possibly be as I've tried everything I've seen to try and fix it, please help these issues make the game unplayable and I've been really enjoying it lately.

Message 1 of 6 (1,158 Views)

Community Manager

@C2frio  @cluesman 

When you visit profile.ea.com do you see more than one Gamertag under Connections?

If you don't, is the friend you're trying to play with have two or more Gamertags showing up there?

There should only be one Gamertag and PSN ID per EA account. We've seen players experience errors when more than one is linked to an account. If you unlink it and then sign into an EA game with that Gamertag in order to link it up to a new EA account, we've seen the errors disappear for the primary account.

Information on how to unlink accounts and the risks behind it can be found here

https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/unlink-gaming-accounts-from-ea-account/

Blueberry.png
Message 3 of 6 (1,040 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes I do, I’ll go through the process of unlinking the second account. Thank you so much for the help!

Message 4 of 6 (1,029 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Blueberry I also have this issue. I have deleted the game. Reset my ps5. I also did the recommendation of checking gamertags under connections. I had just my gamertag information. It has been a reoccurring thing and it has gotten worse as I play in my online franchise mode. I need a solution. It started occurring after the third update.
Message 5 of 6 (859 Views)

Community Manager
@SkennyRay

What is your PSN ID?
Blueberry.png
Message 6 of 6 (839 Views)