Madden 22 PS5/XB1 franchise freezing and not saving when Developing Player

by damunkey420

Original Post

Re: Madden 22 PS5 franchise freezing and not saving

Community Manager

@QN52 

We are currently not aware of any workaround fixes at the moment. The team is still looking into this via the last update we've received.

Blueberry.png
Message 51 of 189 (1,997 Views)

Re: Week 8 franchise freezing

★★★ Newbie

This is about the time mine happened. It will load in to play but i end up playing against my own team. Then when i try to quit the game it will not quit. It's like its stuck in load mode.

Message 52 of 189 (1,663 Views)

Franchise consecutive dev upgrade story bug

★★★ Newbie

Product: Madden NFL 22
Platform:PlayStation 5
Which console generation do you have? Sony PlayStation 5
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? BunDerJay
Date/time issue occurred Can't remember
What type of issue do you have? Crash/Freeze
Which mode has this happened in? Franchise Mode
Which part of the mode? Cloud
What is your Franchise League Name? BunDerJay_3
Summarize your bug Game is unable to progress if you trigger a third consecutive dev trait upgrade
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Dev trait breakout story 2. Complete requirements for moving to star. 3. Complete requirements in next game for moving to Superstar.
What happens when the bug occurs? Once you complete the superstar requirements the game loads a cutscene with the WR and QB but the QB is missing. Upgrade players stops working (leads to a crash). When you play the game at the end of the game it crashes and won't load. On reloading you are taken back to the cutscene that loaded with the missing QB. If you then play the game again you end up playing your own franchise team (for example Jets v Jets or in my mates case Jags v Jags). It again let's the game finish but gets stuck in an infinite loading loop. Only way to progress is to sim the week. This happened both in our cloud online save and in offline solo league.
What do you expect to see? The cut scene should load after completing dev second dev trait giving you chance to get third upgrade to x-factor. Game should then play as expected without crashing and upgrade player screen shouldn't crash.
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card?
Enter RAM memory size in GB

This bug was repeatable across different players and different saves (both cloud and offline). Happens exactly the same each time including the attempt to play again and ending up playing yourself. 

Message 53 of 189 (1,954 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Blueberry I also have this problem
Message 54 of 189 (1,927 Views)

Re: Week 8 franchise freezing

★★★ Newbie

Have the same issue. Happened on 2 different franchise saves, one online and one offline. Just about everything I do causes it to freeze - upgrading players, scouting, short week player meeting. If I try to play the game I'm playing against my own team.

Message 55 of 189 (1,612 Views)

Re: Franchise consecutive dev upgrade story bug

★ Apprentice
@jeremygreig Great summary. Hope this helps them nail down the issue.
Message 56 of 189 (1,913 Views)

★ Apprentice
@EA_Blueberry Any updates? I want to play this game!
Message 57 of 189 (1,826 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Blueberry This happened to me too. This game is absolutely shot. Is it going to be fixed?
Message 58 of 189 (1,811 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Not sure if it will fully fix but I restarted the franchise from save point and advanced a week right away and then went into rosters and dropped his dev trait back to star and it didn't have me playing my own team or freeze the game...so idk if permanent fix or not but it did allow me to pick my franchise back up instead of starting over

Message 59 of 189 (2,012 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@QN52 I skipped a week and it let me click into rosters without freezing and changed the breakout players dev trait back to star from superstar and so far it has let me continue my franchise.
Message 60 of 189 (2,012 Views)