Madden 22 PS5/XB1 franchise freezing and not saving when Developing Player

by damunkey420

Original Post

Re: Madden 22 PS5 franchise freezing and not saving

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I am having this exact same issue on my Xbox Series X on offline franchise. Happened right after I was prompted to get a WR to X factor development by getting him 150+ yards. QB was invisible during the cut scene. Played the game (and got over 150+ yards for that WR) and the game froze during the loading/transition screen. I waited several minutes and it never unfroze so I eventually quit out of Madden

Message 11 of 189 (3,065 Views)

Community Manager

@purpnyellow05  @damunkey420  @jenalrashdi 

Can you three provide me with your PSN ID and Xbox Gamertag so we can forward it to the team to use as a reference point for testing?

Blueberry.png
Message 12 of 189 (3,044 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

psn: Jenalrashdi

Message 13 of 189 (3,040 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Blueberry Phanatic40 on PS5/PSN
Message 14 of 189 (3,023 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Xbox Gamertag: PurpAndYellow05

Message 15 of 189 (3,016 Views)

Madden 22 Franchise Mode: X-Factor Opportunity Franchise Killer

★★★★★ Novice

Product: Madden NFL 22
Platform:PlayStation 5
Which console generation do you have? Sony PlayStation 5
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? TheStarlord71
Date/time issue occurred 10/22/2021
What type of issue do you have? Crash/Freeze
Which mode has this happened in? Franchise Mode
Which part of the mode? Cloud
What is your Franchise League Name? All Franchise Online Modes
Summarize your bug When doing story lines in the game that improve your players step by step to Superstar X-Factor through 3 weeks, the game breaks when you go for the X-Factor. When you start the coach meeting with the player and getting the challenge (ex. DAL TE Dalton Schultz getting 200+ yards or 4+ TDs) and then exit the game completely, when you go restart your franchise the bug instantly restarts the X-Factor challenge with the ghost coach (aka floating cell phone, no coach present). This then does all of the following: - When starting the game without modifying uniforms, your team will play against itself (ex. If you’re the Dallas Cowboys and you’re playing the Denver Broncos that week, when you start the game, the game gets stuck looking at turf on the field and you have to skip the pregame show. The scoreboard up top will show DAL/DAL). When exiting, the game enters and eternal loading screen that never ends. When you shut the game off and go back in, the X-Factor scene resumes and then… - You modify the uniforms of yours or your opponents, the game will occur, but when you quit or finish the game, the game crashes, going to eternal loading screen, doesn’t save your progress and repeats the glitch. - You can skip the week, but your games are still messed up and unplayable because of the glitch and you jeopardize losing your chance at X-Factor. This started with the new scouting update.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Start an online franchise 2. Use current rosters (real time, week 7) 3. In my example, pick the Dallas Cowboys. 4. Use Mike McCarthy or a create a coach. Doesn’t matter. 5. Set 15 Minute Quarters 6. Start the franchise. 7. Skip the DAL Week 7 Bye. 8. Start up the cutscene with Dak Prescott and the coach shoot Dalton Schultz. 9. Complete the goal and get Schultz to Star Dev. 10. The next week Dak will come up to you again. This time if you complete the goal, Schultz will go from Star to Superstar. 11. Complete the goal. 12. The next week Dak will come up to you for a 3rd time. Schultz can now go from Superstar to Superstar X-Factor. 13. Exit franchise mode. 14. Turn off Madden 22 completely. 15. Restart Madden 22. 16. Enter your franchise. 17. The Dak cutscene will instantly play without prompting. The glitch begins here.
What happens when the bug occurs? Eternal loading screens Your team vs your team instead of the proper opponent. Inability to progress further Your franchise is dead.
What do you expect to see? The end of the game, the screen that shows how many coaching points I’ve earned, upgrading players, the ability to continue the franchise.
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here. N/A
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card? ???
Enter RAM memory size in GB ???

Any help is appreciated with the issue above with Franchise mode getting stuck in an eternal loading screen when leaving franchise after your player is preparing to jump to X-Factor. Locks the game out completely and prevents it from moving forward.

Message 16 of 189 (3,121 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I actually just posted about this as well. Cloud mode franchise. Issues with DAL Franchise where TE Dalton Schultz has the opportunity to upgrade. No issues from normal to Star or star to superstar. It’s superstar to X-factor and when I play, im playing against my own defense in the same uniforms unless I modify them. The loading screen back to franchise interface is busted and never returns you. When you access the mode, it takes you back to the cutscene with the “ghost coach”, aka floating cell phone, no character load. This is in EVERY single franchise I play or start up and prevents saving and progressing in franchise. Think it might be linked to the new scouring update because that’s when this issue started for me.

PSN: TheStarlord71

Message 17 of 189 (2,982 Views)

Re: Madden 22 Franchise Mode: X-Factor Opportunity Franchise Killer

★★★ Apprentice

psljags7 I'm seeing the same glitch but never tried simulating the week (and now am away from my console for a few days). When you say above: "You can skip the week, but your games are still messed up and unplayable because of the glitch." What do you mean they're messed up and unplayable? Do you mean every game you play after that week still continues to freeze on the loading screen?

Message 18 of 189 (3,066 Views)

Re: Madden 22 Franchise Mode: X-Factor Opportunity Franchise Killer

★★★★★ Novice

Yeah. Still having the loading screen issue that just never ends. Really haven’t tested that much, but shouldn’t have to in order to play the game. The fix for getting around playing your own team is to modify uniforms and skip the preshow, because that’s still broken and no uniforms will pop up when modifying them. You will play your opponent that week, but you still crash and don’t save on the load screen after exiting the game. There’s a whole other thread about it and I just jumped into that. It’s been like this for a week but only reported last night. There needs to be a quick patch to fix this ASAP. Makes the franchise game mode completely unplayable basically.

Message 19 of 189 (3,061 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It’s triggered in my Cowboys franchise with the “RE: PERFECT CHEMISTRY” storyline in the home tab. Right now if you start with a fresh franchise, using real world rosters and use the Week 7 update, after the bye, the Vikings game and the Broncos game, the Week 10 game with the Falcons will glitch if you complete the story and get TE Dalton Schultz to Superstar. Week 10 vs ATL will be his X-Factor trigger game and the game glitches from there and the franchise mode is basically dead from there.

Message 20 of 189 (2,942 Views)