Madden 22 PS5/XB1 franchise freezing and not saving when Developing Player

by damunkey420

Original Post

Re: Madden 22 PS5 franchise freezing and not saving

★★★★★ Newbie

This is happening to me, making the game unplayable. I see this thread is from October. How has this issue not been fixed yet? And how do you expect anyone to buy Madden 23 when 22 is a broken mess?

Message 181 of 189 (2,283 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was determined to fix this as I had a franchise I did not want to give up. To fix it, you need to clear the cache on the PS5.To do this, 

• Turn off your console by holding the power button for three seconds. The power indicator will blink for a few moments before turning off.
  • Once the console is off, press and hold the power button again. Release it after you hear the second beep — one beep will sound when you first press, and another seven seconds later.
  • Connect the controller with the USB cable and press the PS button on the controller.
  • Once your console has entered Safe Mode, you will be given a number of options to choose from.
  • You need to select option 5 - Clear Cache and Rebuild Database
  • Then select Clear System Software Cache\
Message 182 of 189 (2,131 Views)

Re: Madden 22 PS5/XB1 franchise freezing and not saving when Developing Player

★★★ Newbie

Yep same thing happened and I’ve tried all the basic trouble shooting (restarting WiFi, restarting Xbox, uninstalling and re installing,etc) as well as any tricks I can find on YouTube/internet (advancing week, changing the role in the franchise by retiring and then switching back) and without fail so far every franchise I create gets to that freezing point and then becomes unplayable. Had this happen occasionally on last years madden but now way more frequent on this years version. 

Message 183 of 189 (1,895 Views)

★ Novice

I thought it was just me. I've restarted my Packers franchise seven times over the course of the past year, and every time I get to week 8 and it locks up, no matter what menu item I choose. I have done everything including reset the entire console. Online or offline, doesn't matter. Series X is still perma-broke for me.

Message 184 of 189 (1,668 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the same issue happening now. I'm sure EA doesn't care, but I'm not buying another Madden until this is fixed. Too much time playing 12-13 seasons to have the franchise become unplayable. In case EA is still paying any attention, here are the details for the issue in my case. 

I'm in season 13, week 15 (game 14). At that point it can't load from franchise menu. It tries but just goes back to picking the save file. 

I went back to a copy of the save file from earlier in the season. Everything works fine until I once again get to week 15. The game won't load the franchise save and just goes back to picking the file once I progress to this point. 

I sim past week 15, still get stuck for the rest of the season and playoffs. Once I get to the offseaeon, the saves will work again and I can load. 

Next season 14, week 15, same exact thing happens.

I have PS5 Madden standard edition. I tried the clear cache thing from above, but it didn't work. 

Message 185 of 189 (1,574 Views)

★★★ Newbie

EA_Blueberry this is a year old now and still occurring , I'm guessing EA has moved on to fixing bugs in 23 . I'm amazed they can continue to pull the wool over people's eyes year after year. Such a joke . 

Message 186 of 189 (1,268 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yeah I just encountered this X-Factor bug on PS5 Madden Franchise mode.. So sad there was never a fix for this. EA grabs their money and runs away with their middle fingers up.

Message 187 of 189 (1,108 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@damunkey420 Ya it is Nov 2022 and the bug still isn’t fixed. Game is unplayable if you can’t save progress. EA is trash
Message 188 of 189 (902 Views)

★★★ Novice

Still happening on madden 23 on PS4. Closing the application fixes it but it’s annoying as it happens almost after every game I play on franchise mode

Message 189 of 189 (460 Views)