Original Post

Accepted Solution

Madden 19 MUT Steelers Solo campaign bug

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: Madden NFL 19
Platform:PC
Which console generation do you have? XBOX One
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? Grenian11
Date/time issue occurred 8/2/2018 09:25 Central time (Chicago)
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
Which mode has this happened in? Ultimate Team
Which part of the mode? Solo Challenges
Summarize your bug In the later Steelers campaign solo challenge where you need to keep the Steelers under 10 yards passing and not allow a TD in 1 drive the campaign does not complete and progress. I've completed this challenge twice and it'll even show as completed at the end of the challenge but when I click the finish game button and it goes back to the MUT HUD it doesn't show as completed or give me rewards for the completion of the challenge.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Most likely just try that specific challenge I doubt it's localized to only me.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game tries to make me redo the challenge as though I never completed it.
What do you expect to see? The next challenge unlock.
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card? GTX 980
Enter RAM memory size in GB 8GB

I'm not sure exactly what number challenge this specific one is, but it's the later solo campaign Steelers challenge, I believe it may even be the first one. No matter what I do the game just won't count it as completed. I mean I know there's a few days before the official launch here but I really wanted to work my way through the campaign so it's a bit irritating that it won't finish this particular challenge.

Message 1 of 7 (1,909 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Madden 19 MUT Steelers Solo campaign bug

★★★★★ Apprentice

I actually closed and reopened the game and tried to load a franchise roster and I got "cannot connect to EA servers" or whatever. I believe what we have here is a 'failure to communicate' since the entire game seems to run off some cloud-saving/DRM BS. When we exit the game it likely tries to save it to the cloud and when it can't it just assumes we cheated/didn't complete the challenge so it doesn't update. I don't mind clouds/DRMs when I'm not banging my head against the wall everytime a server goes down. Silly technology.

View in thread

Message 4 of 7 (2,267 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Apprentice

I've got exactly this on a Colts challenge. Completed it 4 times in a row and nothing

Message 2 of 7 (1,904 Views)

Madden 19 UT Solo campaign bug

★★★ Apprentice

Product: Madden NFL 19
Platform:PC
Which console generation do you have? XBOX One
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? removinggoose10
Date/time issue occurred 08/02/2018
What type of issue do you have? Other
Which mode has this happened in? Ultimate Team
Which part of the mode? Solo Challenges
Summarize your bug Completed challenge 4 times and won't let me progress
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play solo challenge and see if it let's you progress
What happens when the bug occurs? Doesn't unlock next challenge or give rewards
What do you expect to see? rewards and next challenge
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card? GTX 970
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16

Completed colts solo campaign challenge 4 times in a row and each time it says completed but when I get back to ultimate team menu, it does not grant reward or unlock next challenge. Am unable to progress

Message 3 of 7 (1,891 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I actually closed and reopened the game and tried to load a franchise roster and I got "cannot connect to EA servers" or whatever. I believe what we have here is a 'failure to communicate' since the entire game seems to run off some cloud-saving/DRM BS. When we exit the game it likely tries to save it to the cloud and when it can't it just assumes we cheated/didn't complete the challenge so it doesn't update. I don't mind clouds/DRMs when I'm not banging my head against the wall everytime a server goes down. Silly technology.

Message 4 of 7 (2,268 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

The inability to play the MUT solo stuff offline is actually killing this game for me right now. I just completed the Neal legend challenge and as I was accepting my rewards I get kicked saying EA's servers are down. Maybe don't allow a new game to be started but allow a local save for current games to be uploaded to the cloud once the servers are back up. Something needs to be done because this is the second time in as many days as the server has gone down. I know it's still not the official release but there should have been some local save in place for times when the server goes down or a person's internet connection drops during a solo game.

Message 5 of 7 (1,855 Views)

Community Manager

@grenian11

You were kicked for server maintenance which has now been completed, do you see any change on the issue?

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 6 of 7 (1,842 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Indeed thanks. I'm just hoping this doesn't become an issue when the game goes 'live.' The issue is you could complete an entire MUT battle or one of those game long end of campaign MUT scenarios and when you get back out just have it not register. I'd really like to see a local save happen during gameplays and just have them upload the game to the server at the end of the game/scenario... or whenever the connection comes back up. I'm not saying don't kick people from MUT once they're out of the scenario or battle... just have that backup local file so when they can get back in their time wasn't a waste. I'm no developer and I understand it's likely set up the way it is for anticheating/hacking purpose or some such.

Of course if you guys already have something else planned for the future then that's a moot point. Just saying it's a bit frustrating to lose progress.

Message 7 of 7 (1,821 Views)