Re: Madden 18 Cloud Franchise not let you call for ball in 1.04/1.05 update as H

by snaret4

Original Post

Madden 18 Cloud Franchise not let you call for ball in 1.04/1.05 update as HB/TE

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: Madden 18
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which console generation do you have? XBOX One
Which mode has this happened in? Franchise Mode
Which part of the mode? Cloud
Summarize your bug When I play as any HB or TE in any game mode, especially Cloud Franchise on Xbox One, it does not let me call for the ball anymore. When I do call for the ball, I am rarely thrown to, but my player doesn't look or try to catch the ball and it gets intercepted. This bug makes being a receiver in Cloud Franchise and other game modes unplayable.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? You could test what I described or watch my video. In my video below, I am running a route, and I am holding down "A" on my Xbox Controller and it won't let me call for the ball. This bug makes being a receiver in Cloud Franchise and other game modes unplayable.
What happens when the bug occurs? I cannot call for the ball, and the Quarterback rarely throws it to me when I am trying to call for it (I am holding down "A" and my guy doesn't call for the football but the Quarterback thinks I am) and my player doesn't look at the ball or try to catch the ball, and then it is usually intercepted. This bug makes being a receiver in Cloud Franchise and other game modes unplayable.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see my player looking at the ball when coming towards me and me being able to call for the ball, along with the options of RAC catch, Aggressive catch, and Possession catch.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? xRedBlizzard
Date/time issue occurred 10/9/17, 10/10/17, and 10/11/17
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here. PS4 has not crashed, but sometimes Xbox One freezes or when I launch Madden and it shows the madden cover, it fails to load.

Madden 18 Cloud Franchise not letting you call for the ball with "A" button

Message 1 of 19 (12,225 Views)

Re: Madden 18 Cloud Franchise not letting you call for the ball after 1.04 updat

★ Novice

Same thing happens to me on PS4 for my offline Franchise. It only appears to affect running backs (I'm running another user as a WR and the call for the ball function works just fine). Running backs aren't recognized as eligible receivers since the update. Occasionally the QB will throw it in my direction because the game understands there is a route there but I don't ever have the option to catch.

Message 2 of 19 (12,044 Views)

Re: Madden 18 Cloud Franchise not letting you call for the ball after 1.04 updat

★★★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem too. I can't call for the ball as well. I guess RB's aren't eligible receivers anyone in the update. I hope this isn't a change, hopefully it was just a mistake.

Message 3 of 19 (12,037 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same here. Sometimes I can be thrown to on my route that I run as a running back, but it doesn't give me an option to catch the ball so I guess you are right about not being an eligible receiver. I don't know if they tried to fix it in the 1.05 update, but if they did, it didn't work.

Message 4 of 19 (12,034 Views)

Re: Madden 18 Cloud Franchise not letting you call for the ball after 1.05 updat

★★★ Novice
This happens to me as a created Speed WR - Colt Cruise. The QB will throw the ball to me but none of the catch buttons make my WR try to catch the ball.
Message 5 of 19 (12,005 Views)

Re: Madden 18 Cloud Franchise not let you call for ball in 1.04/1.05 update as H

★★★ Newbie
My RB glitches out with cpu route running too
Message 6 of 19 (11,868 Views)

Franchise created WR call for and catch buttons not working.

★ Novice

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which console generation do you have? PlayStation 4
Which part of the mode? Offline
Summarize your bug Using franchise mode with a created wide receiver. I can no longer call for the pass and when the ball is thrown my way I no longer have the options to catch the ball. Triangle, Square, Circle all do nothing. The ball ends up hitting my player and falling to the ground.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Load franchise with player as a WR. Using offline mode.
What happens when the bug occurs? My player does not attempt to catch the ball and will allow it to hit him without catching. I have tried multiple controllers with the same result.
What do you expect to see? My player to attempt to catch the ball based on which catch option is chosen.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? Drigs_01
Date/time issue occurred First noticed 10/21. had not played for almost a week
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here. n/a

With this bug its not possible to continue my franchise.

Message 7 of 19 (11,720 Views)

Re: Franchise created WR call for and catch buttons not working.

★★★★ Novice

Same for me here. I play on Xbox One, but when I create any kind of Running Back or Tight End, I cannot call for the ball just like you. View my bug report and leave a me too please. I have 5 replies and 9pt on mine. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Madden-18-Cloud-Franchise-not-let-you-call-for-ball-in-1-04-1-...

Message 8 of 19 (11,710 Views)

FIX THE CALL FOR BALL BUTTON PLEASE! IT IS NOT THE AWR THAT AFFECTS IT!

★★★★ Novice

Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which console generation do you have? XBOX One
Which part of the mode? Cloud
Summarize your bug WHENEVER I CALL FOR THE BALL MY PLAYER DOES NOT LOOK OR CATCH THE BALL! LOTS OF TIMES HE IS NOT THROWN TO BECAUSE THE BUTTON THAT YOU GUYS CREATED BROKE AFTER UPDATE 1.04! THIS BUG DOES NOT LET ME HAVE FUN AT ALL IN FRANCHISE AND I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR A VERY LONG TIME FOR THIS TO BE FIXED! TRUST ME IT IS NOT MY CONTROLLER, I TESTED ALL MY CONTROLLERS AND MULTIPLE PEOPLE HAVE HAD THE SAME ISSUE!
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? CREATE A RUNNING BACK ON FRANCHISE AND WHEN YOU ARE RUNNING A ROUTE, HOLD "A" TO CALL FOR THE BALL ON MULTIPLE PLAYS! I CANNOT CALL FOR THE BALL AND
What happens when the bug occurs? MY RUNNING BACK THAT IS RUNNING A ROUTE DOES NOT ATTEMPT TO LOOK OR CATCH THE BALL, SOMETIMES GETTING INTERCEPTED!
What do you expect to see? I EXPECT TO SEE MY PLAYER WAVING HIS HAND CALLING FOR THE BALL, LOOKS TOWARDS THE BALL WHEN THROWN TO, AND CATCHING IT, ALONG WITH ME HAVING ALL THE CATCHING OPTIONS! I CANNOT PLAY MADDEN LIKE THIS! FIX THIS PLEASE!!! ORIGINAL POST HERE: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Madden-18-Cloud-Franchise-not-let-you-call-for-ball-in-1-04-1-...
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? xRedBlizzard
Date/time issue occurred 10/9/17 - Present Day
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.

THIS GAME IS KILLING ME BECAUSE I CANNOT PLAY FRANCHISE AND HAVE FUN! THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED!

Message 9 of 19 (11,646 Views)

Re: FIX THE CALL FOR BALL BUTTON PLEASE! IT IS NOT THE AWR THAT AFFECTS IT!

★★★★ Novice

ALSO I TESTED WITH 99 AWARENESS ON A CUSTOM ROSTER AND IT STILL DIDN'T WORK!

Message 10 of 19 (11,645 Views)